Feedback Ruger LCP NAA gaurdian

This is a discussion on Feedback Ruger LCP NAA gaurdian within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for feedback from those of you that might have any experience using or having either one of these 380 auto. thanks...

Thread: Feedback Ruger LCP NAA gaurdian

Feedback Ruger LCP NAA gaurdian

Looking for feedback from those of you that might have any experience using or having either one of these 380 auto.
    thanks
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

2. Remove Ads

Owned a NAA...sold it and wish I hadnt. The LCP is a very light weight, well performing gun just make sure you get a post recall model. I liked the heft of the NAA as it is all metal. You also can get real sights added and a CT Grip that does not attach to the trigger guard requiring a special holster. That you cannot get with a LCP. The LCP is cheaper and lighter, and has taken the world by storm. Everybody has one...but do you wanna be like everybody else? The NAA is slightly more expensive and a little heavier, but I feel if made to choose I would have to got back to the NAA.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Have the LCP

Quote Originally Posted by jjkjr View Post
    Looking for feedback from those of you that might have any experience using or having either one of these 380 auto.
    thanks
    I have the LCP with a Crimson Trace laser. I love it. Easy to drop into a pocket and have it disappear. Reasonably accurate. Takes a little getting used to the long trigger.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears!

The trigger pull is long, but the size, weight and overall concealability make it great. I have only put 100 rounds through mine but no problems yet.

The Ruger LCP and Kel-Tec .380 are "horses of a similar color." The Kel-Tec 380 is +P rated (yes, there is a "hot" .380 and its loaded by Buffalo Bore. The best version is their 100-grain hardcast load.)

The NAA will likely handle the Buffalo Bore as well, but will be heavier to carry. The NAA pistols are VERY wll made. You wouldn't go wrong if you bought one.

I have the LCP and I'd say, it's one of the better .380s I've had. I say better, not so much in quality, but in the deep concealment area. It just might be the compact size and weight that is so appealing because it's not the most fun little pistol to shoot. But over all I'd say, that I highly recommend it for anyone wanting a very reliable and concealable little pistol in a reasonable caliber for SD.

I did look at the NNA .380 and honestly thought I wanted to get one too, but I held off because I only wanted it because I thought it would handle the +p round, whereas the LCP specifications state it's not recommended. The NNA's weight was considerably higher than the LCP and kinda went the other direction of what I wanted a mouse gun for.

Either one of um would be a great BUG or is some cases a good CC cary pistol. JMO
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Links