Selling my Bersa Thunder .380 CC

This is a discussion on Selling my Bersa Thunder .380 CC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thinking of either a Taurus 709 Slim or a Taurus P111. Thoughts? I want to stay with the 9mm caliber. So please don't suggest ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling my Bersa Thunder .380 CC

Selling my Bersa Thunder .380 CC

I thinking of either a Taurus 709 Slim or a Taurus P111. Thoughts? I want to stay with the 9mm caliber. So please don't suggest any other caliber. I also want something under $400.
    It is to be observed that Right of Self-Defence, arises directly and immediately from the Care of our own Preservation, which Nature recommends to every one. . . , and that this right is so primary, that it cannot be denied on the basis that it is not "expressly set forth.

--- Hugo Grotius

2. Remove Ads

You may like the Bersa UC9PRO
    It a little heavy but you can still CC it.
    Sorry, the photos not to good
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    You may be able to find a Kahr CW9 under $400. The price limit really restricts whats available to you. Some quality used guns may be something to consider.

I like my pt111, but don't carry it as often as my 24/7 Pro.

What size are you looking for? Do you want compact, sub compact, or will you go up to a more full sized pistol?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Administrator
    I'd stick with the Bersa.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. Richard Henry Lee 1788

I hate to hear that you are parting with your Bersa .380. Finding ammo may be tough right now, and 9mm is a more powerful round, but the Bersa is perhaps the best of the PPK types available. I'll bet the day will come when you regret selling your .380. Since you already have a firearm, why not wait a bit and save up before buying a 9?

When you do buy a new pistol, bear in mind you will also need a holster for it, a spare magazine or two, a couple of hundred rounds of practice ammo so you and your new friend can bond, and enough defensive ammo to know the pistol will feed it reliably with enough left over for carry. The ammo, mags and holster will eat up $300-350 of your $400, leaving only a few bucks plus the money from the sale/trade of the Bersa. You will be lmited to buying a very few models of very used 9mms.

Yes, I know I am a grouchy old killjoy, my wife tells me that all the time.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I have a Taurus PT111, and the trigger on mine isn't great. Other than that it's a good pistol. I really like the 709 (but haven't shot it yet), I think that will be my next purchase.

I also own the Bersa .380cc. I think it's a great gun, but I understand wanting to "upgrade" caliber.

used glock 26 in 9mm is always a good cc one in 9mm. also check out used Karh's too they make a great slim cc gun as well.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

I have the Bersa Thunder 9 UC. It's been a great weapon. Dependable and easy to conceal.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Don't want your new 9mm to be lonely, do you. You seldom get what it's worth for back up, spouse, or hideout. That way, as you save up for something really nice, a tool for life, you'll have a chance to consider the 40's and 45's. Anthing worth shooting with a 9 is worth shooting with a 45.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Exclamation My 2 cents...

How about a small, slim, lightweight, dependable 9mm...say a Kel Tec PF-9...with the LaserLite and pocket clip, it cost right around $400.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Calibers: 9mm Luger
    Weight unloaded: 12.7 oz.
    Loaded magazine: 2.8 oz.
    Length: 5.85"
    Height: 4.3"
    Width: .88"
    Barrel Length: 3.1"
    Capacity: 7 + 1
    SHOOTER13
    ================
    DoD: Peace thru Superior Firepower

In compact 9s, I have a Taurus PT111 (one of the original series, not a 'Pro') and a Kahr CW9.

The PT111 is 10+1 capacity; CW9 is 7+1

I carry both in paddle holsters. The CW9 is definitely slimmer; weight feels about the same on the hip.

CW9 has a longer grip which accommodates all 4 fingers, but the trigger guard is smallish and I wouldn't shoot it with gloves. The PT111 has a shorter grip and my pinkie goes under the mag, but its a thicker, chunkier grip and gives good support.

Accuracy is about the same.

Trigger - the edge goes to the Kahr for smoother, shorter and lighter pull. The Taurus trigger takes some getting used to; it's a long pull (but not gritty at all) and you can 'stage' the trigger with practice.

Reliability - hard to say definitively. The Taurus went back to the factory when it went 'click' instead of bang at about 1000 rounds, and it's been fine since. The CW9 has run like a sewing machine since I got it, well past the 1000 round mark. (And FWIW, relative to some Kahr discussions here, I almost never use the slide release - I 'slingshot' the slide to chamber the first round. Never a problem with this gun.)

I think the PT111 is a little cheaper than the CW9, and I would opt for the Pro model for slightly higher capacity. But if you're OK with 7+1 capacity, the slimness of the Kahr makes it the one I'd pick if I could only have one.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Taurus Slim is a great gun. My father in law has one and we have both put quite a few problem free rounds through it. My dad even borrowed it to try out and has one on his list now.

I am a fan of the Taurus 709. I recently started carrying one and it's a dream to carry. Light, thin, accurate, adjustable rear sigt, external saftey, reliable and very little recoil for a sub compat.. I have zeo issues carrying it OWB with just a light short as cover.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links