Fn Fnp 9mm

This is a discussion on Fn Fnp 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone Here Have Any Experience With The Fn Fnp 9mm? I Am Thinking Of Getting One And Would Like To Know Some Opinions On It. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fn Fnp 9mm

Fn Fnp 9mm

Anyone Here Have Any Experience With The Fn Fnp 9mm? I Am Thinking Of Getting One And Would Like To Know Some Opinions On It.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Are These Really New?? Has No One Tried One Yet?

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I have just seen ads in the Gun Mags. Is FN Fabrique Nationale (misspelled, sorry!) of the Browning A-5 shotgun fame?

They are good looking pistols though.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Raises hand

I have the FNP-9 9mm and it's an excellent gun
    Mine is DA/SA, has ambi-decocker, really smooth trigger action, and is very accurate.
    It is 25oz with empty mag I believe. It comes with 3 -16 round mags and goes for around $459.00.

I put 1,300 rounds through mine since I got it and only had 2 fail to feeds in the first 200, which I attribute to the standard stiff mags during break in.
    One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.

Sir Winston Churchill.

Thanks For The Info!

I bought one last year because I got tired of waiting for the Beretta PX4 and do not regret it. Great shooting gun, very accurate and comes with 3x16+1 magazine.

Evreyone that sees it at the range asks me about it.

I'll be doing a review on one of these for CCM.

Nobody has answered my question. Is this Fabrique Nationale of Belgium??????????????? Is this the same company that made Hi-Powers and A-5 shotguns for Browning for a number of years?
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Yes it is. Actually, they own Browning.

Cool, thanks. I thought the company emblem looked familiar.....

Lead Moderator
    Wow, didn't know FN owned Browning. FN has produced many fine weapons , including current U.S. mil machine guns.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

FN is the new HK... the gun company for the High Speed Low Drag guys. FN's gun is the same thing as the Browning. FN does offer one version that Browning doesn't offer, and thats a compact version.

I'm not sure what Browning is all about anymore, but they don't seem to be that interested in really selling guns anymore. Much like Colt. They'd rather sell their Name.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    Wow, didn't know FN owned Browning. FN has produced many fine weapons , including current U.S. mil machine guns.

Does that include the 240G?? Cause that thing sucks.

I do like this pistol though, might have to get one. Not quite as ray gun ugly as the PX4 so that's a strike, but what can you do.

Quote Originally Posted by George Hill
    FN is the new HK... the gun company for the High Speed Low Drag guys. FN's gun is the same thing as the Browning. FN does offer one version that Browning doesn't offer, and thats a compact version.

I'm not sure what Browning is all about anymore, but they don't seem to be that interested in really selling guns anymore. Much like Colt. They'd rather sell their Name.
    I agree. Browning would rather sell boots,hunting clothing, and the Browning logo sticker that is on the back of a lot of truck windows.

Browning is going to be like Abercrombie and Fitch. What was many years ago a cool outdoor sports supply company (Or so I've been told. To young to remember.) now sells pink T-shirts to teenage girls. (And boys.)

Well, let's not forget Winchester and Beretta which want to follow the same path...

I guess its the path of least litigation risk... but its also the path to complete failure.

Beretta is at least making some effort. While they still try to market to the Land Rover crowd, they have revamped the 92 line and have the new Cx4 pistol.... The storm carbine, and they have a new .223 carbine with an adjustable stock, which is nice, but not really viable as a tactical weapon. There is still hope for Beretta... but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links