G26 question for any Glock Armorer

This is a discussion on G26 question for any Glock Armorer within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Please specify if you are a certified Glock armorer. My question is fairly simple. I've read countless threads about down-converting (large caliber down to 9mm). ...

Thread: G26 question for any Glock Armorer

G26 question for any Glock Armorer

Please specify if you are a certified Glock armorer.
    My question is fairly simple. I've read countless threads about down-converting (large caliber down to 9mm). Most of what I've read would lead me to believe I can't up-convert my 9mm to a larger caliber.
    However, I bumped into a guy at the range a while back who claimed he was a certified GA. He told me it was possible as the frames on the G26 and G27 were the same. (and the .357 sig i think, can't remember the model #)
    He told me you'd have to change the barrel, slide and recoil spring.

Part of my reason for asking is ammo availability. I'd prefer not to shell out another $500+ on a new gun just to ensure I can find ammo to feed the little beast.
    I know, I know. "why didn't you just buy the .357 sig in the first place, dummy! Then you could drop a 9mm barrel in and go"
    Hindsight, lessons learned, etc.

I specified CGA's because they know Glock's the best, and I'm more inclined to believe them if they tell me the guy at the range was a wack-job.
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

2. Remove Ads

I called Glockmeister or TopGlock about this very issue (don't remember which). You can indeed put a G27 upper on a G26 lower. You would also need to change the ejector and get new magazines.

The total cost was only about $100 less than buying a new gun. Just not worth it, IMHO.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Administrator
    You can convert, but it is not cost effective. Its not as easy as just swapping barrel and slide, like 10thmtn pointed out.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I am an armorer. Like the others have said it is possible but not real cost effective.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I called Glockmeister or TopGlock about this very issue (don't remember which). You can indeed put a G27 upper on a G26 lower. You would also need to change the ejector and get new magazines.

The total cost was only about $100 less than buying a new gun. Just not worth it, IMHO.
    I think you've receieved your best answer here.

Your reasons for converting are why I now recommend a Glock 23/32 to people over the Glock 19. I consider the Glock 19 to be the "best" Glock made, and the only one I own at present. The 26/27/33 are the smaller respective cousins, with the 26 being the 9mm version.

No, I'm not a Glock Armorer, but I do know a few personally. :)

Biker

Thanks everyone. I wasn't able to research the cost of parts because so much of what I'd read said it couldn't be done.
    I think I'll just wait until I can afford one, and buy the whole gun. :o)
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    I think I'll just wait until I can afford one, and buy the whole gun. :o)
    Right answer! Glocks are simple so do not complicate the issue, and two guns are always better than one right!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Links