just bought HKp2000

This is a discussion on just bought HKp2000 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ok I just bought an HK p2000, I went to get a kimber and ended up with this instead. I love the trigger in the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just bought HKp2000

just bought HKp2000

ok I just bought an HK p2000, I went to get a kimber and ended up with this instead. I love the trigger in the HK so tell me. What are your guys thoughts on the HK's. I dont know much about them it was an impulse buy. I guess I should have asked about them before purchase but oh well. let me know your opinion/likes/dislikes about this firearm.

2. Remove Ads

HK is as reliable as a Glock and perhaps more so. When they build an HK they freeze one from the lot with ammo inside. Take it outside and pull the trigger. It has to fire. They also bury some models in a dirt mound and leave it for a bit. Dig it out, shake it off, and fire it.

There are guys on the HK forums with over 30,000 rounds through an HK without replacing any parts. My P30 had 5,000 through it before I sold it. I wasn't happy with the trigger, but if you like it that's great!

Here's a video about their factory, it has some of their torture testing as well as manufacturing. Unfortunately, it's in German. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2rLAWksyMQ
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I love mine. Is yours an LEM? Nite sites? If no on both then get it done. I recently reduced the pull on my lem from the standard 7-8 lbs to about 5.5 lbs. I have some issues with the depth of the tang on the gun, but I am in the process of figuring that one out. I haven't shot it much, but when I did I was impressed with the accuracy of the weapon. Overall I am happy.HKPRO lots of good information over there.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    You just bought one of the finest pistols made. Very accurate, very reliable, easy to clean and a soft shooter. Not many weak areas in this great gun.

When you have the time, read Greg Bell's "Break my P2000" thread. It's very interesting, revealing and at times funny. It's a very long thread. This forum posting probably sold a lot of HKs.
    http://www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51749

An excerpt;

"I dropped the gun while doing some left handed drills, so I took a break to take some pictures....

I wiped it off with some Diet Coke from my Subway cup!!

At the end of the day, my P2000 was wondering why it couldn't have ended up in a nice Dr's collection.

Here is what the barrel looks like with most of the crud wiped off with napkins and diet coke...

4660 rounds
    ZERO malfunctions
    Dropped four times
    One deep gouge in the grip from slamming my glove compartment door on it!"

i have not fired the gun yet, but when i was at the local shop today I was told to pull the trigger and the trigger on the HK is very very very soft. there is barely any tension to make it go bang and you can stadge the fire as well, you can easily pull the pistol trigger back then press with a little more tention and it goes bang. thats what sold me on the gun and no it does not have night sights

Senior Moderator
    Excellent choice.

You couldn't have done much better.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I really like my P2000 (9mm) v3. I wish the DA trigger was shorter but the follow up shots are pretty quick.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

The P2000 is one of my favorite guns. I am not a fan of the LEM trigger but overall they are excellent guns.

Thumbs up Straight to the Big Dawg league.

Very nice Bro.
    There is really no down side to an HK pistol.
    I've had all kinds of guns over the years. I've norrowed it down to the few that I have listed below. I'm sure I'll buy more in the furture but these will not be going anywhere. I'm totally santisfied with my HK's. They are all v1. that's the way I like it.

And oh yeh!!! You will buy another HK. It becomes an addiction...
    American Bulldog, HK USPf.45Tac, HK45,
    HK USPc .45ss, SW-642ct, Sig556

(The Phantom Brigade)
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division

I think I would like my next handgun to be an HK. Very nice choice
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I've got three right now although I'm trying to sell one. I have a P2000SK in 9mm which was my first HK. I liked it a lot, so I also got a P30L. I then decided to go to a larger caliber for carry, so I got a P2000SK in .40. All three shoot great and will gobble down any cheap Walmart ammo you throw at them.

The SKs are incredible for how short the barrels are. Nice and small also.

how much you selling your other HK for? It was really an impulse buy but now I am very happy i ended up getting one with all the great responses.

I think you made a great choice. I love my P2000 .40. As soon as funds allow, I will be picking up another for my wife. I am fighting real hard now to keep her from taking mine from me before I get hers.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

IF you have any malf, they will be magazine related. Some of the factory mags are really crappy. Make sure that you thoroughly test yours.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Obiwan, what problems did you have?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links