Anyone heard of L.W. Seecamp for a pocket gun?

This is a discussion on Anyone heard of L.W. Seecamp for a pocket gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; they've got the same caliber sizes as Kel-Tec. Just wondering how they sized up to the Kel? Anyone shot one, own one, have any thoughts ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

they've got the same caliber sizes as Kel-Tec. Just wondering how they sized up to the Kel? Anyone shot one, own one, have any thoughts on them?

Welcome to the L.W. Seecamp Company Home Page

Sorry, I misspelled the name in the title...
    Last edited by archimeech; October 20th, 2009 at 07:11 AM. Reason: misspelling

Yikes, well I answered my own thread here!

from another forum posting that I found when I googled the Seecamp

<quote>
    I also have a P32 am am happy with it.

The SEECAMP is attractive, as it is an all stainless steel pistol. But I've read it can be tempermental. Ammo selection is critical as it is designed for Winchester Silvertips only; since its introduction other ammo has become available that should work but the overall length of the cartridge must be considered carefully as many will be too long to fit in the mag. Even using correct ammo, the gun has a reputation for stove piping the last round.

Then there is price & availability; high & limited. I've seen these little guns advertised for well north of the $500 mark.

I bought my KelTec for $175 used, & it has been flawless. It carries an extra round over the Seecamp, is half the weigh, & reportedly has trigger pull that is over 3lbs lighter.

Easy choice as far as I'm concerned!
    <end quote>

My wife has a Keltec P-32 she carries and loves. It's been flawless with over 1,000 rounds through it. It got a little rust on the slide and drigger, so the local smithy gave it a Cerakote job. Looks better than it did from the factory.

The only problem I have with the Keltec and I guess I'll have this problem with any small pocket guns is that my hand is fairly large and it's very odd to pull my thumb off the frame. If I don't, I either hinder the trigger pull or if I push it too far up I wind up hiting the clip release.

Look at a NAA Guardian, VERY similar design and just as reliable, but not dependent on one kind of ammo. They also are usually much cheaper.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Do a search here as well, you'll find plenty of info.

FWIW, I'm an enormous fan. I own both a .32 and a .380. Both are extremely well made, little gems. Like all handguns, they each have their own preference for ammo, but each is 100% reliable and, IMHO, the finest micro sized handguns on the market in their respective calibers.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

They were the pioneers in making .32 caliber guns the same size as .25 caliber guns. Pioneering further, they were able to make the .32 caliber sized guns into .380 caliber. True innovators.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Many view the Seecamp as the finest pocket gun made today. Truely a laudable feat of turning first the .25acp pistol into a .32acp, but not stopping there and going on to make the pistol capable of using the .380acp...without making the gun any larger, and most remarkable of all... keeping the same magazine capacity. How did Larry Seecamp do it? It is the smallest .380 made.

There is much mis-information on the internet concerning the Seecamp, primarily that it only shoots the Winchester rounds. This is not true. CorBon, Gold Dot, Fiocchi, Winchester, Hornady and maybe a few others work just fine. They are hard to find because people keep them and virtually all made are sold immidiately. There's currently a two year waiting list on the LWS380. The used market is very hot.

The last round can stovepipe, this is true, but the gun was never intended to be a tactical, break this door down and shoot-it-out reloadable duty weapon. It may stovepipe because the following round in the magazine is used to push the expended case out. No last round...no extra push. Those of us that carry a Seecamp do so knowing this. I don't carry a extra mag.

The magazines by the way are some of the best made. I wish all my mags were this good.

So tiny it goes anywhere, all stainless, reliable, smooth and silky snag free as a baby's butt, it is a great choice for a pocket gun. Mine has served for more than two decades.

Seen here with a PPk/S for scale;

I freely admit...I am a Seecamp Cultist.

Beyond the quality and size, I like the company's attitude.

They are very clear that there are compromises in order to be the smallest. Don't ask it to do what it wasn't made for.

The owner's manual is thinner that the "Danger, you'll put your eye out" section of the last two guns owner's manuals I bought.

The company owner puts his cell phone out for all his customers to use.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    one of my local area gun shops has a "like new" (possibly never fired) Seecamp 32 in the safe with a measly little $400 price tag. I'm seriously considering the "investment".

Found this photo on the seecamp site.
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

Seecamp .32

First post!

I've had a Seecamp .32 for quite a few years now. I've had no problem using FMJ and various JHP rounds. Not a single jam. I have had a few stove pipes on the last round during the break in period, but have not had them since.

Seecamp originally recommended Winchester Silvertips, but changed their recommendation to Federal Hydrashok after Winchester changed their specs a little and people found them to be less than reliable. Winchester is back on the recommended list now.
    L.W. Seecamp Co. - Home of the Seecamp 32 and Seecamp 380 Pistols

It's hands down my favorite pocket pistol. I have a Kel-Tec P32 and recently bought a Kahr P380. The Seecamp has been rock solid and has the best build quality out of the pocket pistols I've shot. I was always looking for a LS380, but have never seen one, which is why I ended up with the Kahr P380. Once they produce a Crimson Trace Laser for the P380, that will probably be my main pocket carry. My wife will most likely carry the Seecamp.

Some pictures for size comparison. One is a lineup with Kahr MK9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P32 and Seecamp 32. Next is a size comparison of the Seecamp32 vs. Kel-Tec P32. Last is a picture in a Stellar Rigs pocket holster.
    Attached Images

Seecamp = Rolex
    Guardian = Seiko
    Kel-Tec = Timex

Although they all tell time some provide more in the areas of pride of ownership and aesthetics.

EW3
    I have a Seecamp .32 and am so impressed with it thus far that I'm giving serious thought to selling my other pocket pistola, the Ruger LCP and using the Seecamp for EDC.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

The Seecamp is superb. Period.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links