Sig 239 SAS DAK trigger

This is a discussion on Sig 239 SAS DAK trigger within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I recently traded my Sig 239 da/sa for the SAS model in .40 s&W. I traded it because the DA/SA hammer would jam ...

Thread: Sig 239 SAS DAK trigger

Sig 239 SAS DAK trigger

Hey guys,

I recently traded my Sig 239 da/sa for the SAS model in .40 s&W. I traded it because the DA/SA hammer would jam me in the belly with my preferred carry style of Smart carry (crotch carry). After going to the range several times, I think I hate the long pull of the trigger. Every thing else I love about it, but I have to really focus on accuracy due to the long trigger pull. I really like sigs, my fav carry piece is a Sig 232. I also bought a full size XDM in .40 and I really enjoy shooting it, it is a natural pointing shooter for me. I was considering trying to stick with one type of trigger pull and going with either a 4" XD in .40 s&w or even the subcompact in .40 cal. .

My initial reaction to XD subcompact is .40 S&W in a 3" gun seems a little crazy handful of inaccuracy. Is this true?

2. Remove Ads

Try utilizing the short reset point on the DAK. It made a HUGE difference for me when trying to adjust to the new trigger.
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS DAK 9mm (EDC)
    MR Micro Desert Eagle .380 acp (BUG)
    Glock G30sf .45 acp (HD)
    Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader 12ga (HD)
    WASR 10/63 AK-47 7.62x39 (SHTF)

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    My son has the DAK trigger on his 229 and it is fantastic once you get used to it.

+1 on DAK. I have a SIG 239 DA/SA and a 220 DAK. At first I wasn't sure I'd like the DAK, but now I wish my 239 had it as well.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    +1 on the DAK as well. I have it on my 239 (9mm) and don't ever want to go back to anything else. It did take a while to get use to the trigger reset, the travel is still pretty far on it, and it's easy to miss. But 2500 rounds in a 5 day class took care of that, I know it like the back of my...hey, is that a new freckle?

J/k. It takes a while to get used to, but I think it's absolutely wonderful!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I should mention I love the smoothness. I don't know if it's a Sig thing or a DAK thing or what, but it's close to the same feel as a friend who's had theirs polished! Everyone agrees once you get used to it, it's really great!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

ctm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I should mention I love the smoothness. I don't know if it's a Sig thing or a DAK thing or what, but it's close to the same feel as a friend who's had theirs polished! Everyone agrees once you get used to it, it's really great!
    To me it's a SIG thing.
    I have a 239 SAS gen II DA/SA SRT and a 220 DA/SA, and I love the smooooothness of both.
    I've never shot a DAK though so I don't know how they compare.

o in other reason, keep practicing and Ill like it? I sure hope so. I hate the idea of switching, I have my fav holsters, 3 mags, it is such a sweet looking gun. I have obviously not mastered the short reset yet with so few rounds through. I would say that the short reset is a lighter pull but it is still long. I will likely hang onto it and keep trying.

If you want a much better trigger send it to Sig. For 100 bucks they will slap a da/sa short reset trigger in it like they are putting in the Gen 2 SAS pistols...I personally couldn't get used to the DAK trigger.

VIP Member
    Try to devote a lot of shooting with your DAK including dry fire and don't shoot or compare it to anything else... I'll bet you come to love it and can then switch around to different weapons without any problems.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I have the XD 40 SC and love the gun. I am no great shot by any means but shoot IDPA with it and do pretty well. The trigger is not so bad and the recoil is not either. The only reason I think of a full size anything for IDPA is the longer sight radius, but my scores have been so good so far that I haven't pursued it. If I did go new I would look for a Sig.

Improving accuracy

I went to the range yesterday and took my .22 rifle for practice my Rifleman score. But I also FINALLY found some practice ammo for my Sig 239 SAS w/ DAK trigger. I kept practicing and slowed down and really focused on my trigger follow through and my accuracy really improved. Shocker right? Once again I am reminded it is about proper form. It didn't feel like I was fighting it too much, but I think I got irritated that my accuracy suffered w/ such a long trigger when I was really used to the sa shots. I will continue to dry fire and practice for 2 months and then revisit the issue.

That is if I can find more practice ammo that doesn't break the bank.

Links