Range Report: Seecamp LWS32 (my bug)

This is a discussion on Range Report: Seecamp LWS32 (my bug) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got to the Range yesterday morning shortly after 10:00am. I warmed up by shooting my Ultra Carry a few times. I always enjoy shooting My ...

Thread: Range Report: Seecamp LWS32 (my bug)

Got to the Range yesterday morning shortly after 10:00am. I warmed up by shooting my Ultra Carry a few times. I always enjoy shooting My UC. I hadn't shot a small caliber weapon in a very long time and definitely one in such a small frame like my Seecamp.

The LWS32 is such a different thoroughbred when compared to a 1911. It was built that way and it makes no excuses! It shoudn't have to! It was built for a specific purpose,..and one purpose only. To save your life in a CQB self-defense situation.

Right from the get-go, I was very surprised on how minimal recoil was. It was very manageable even with one handed shooting. Not one FTF or FTE. The LWS32 had no problems eating Gold Dots.

Something that really bothered while I was out at the (indoor) Range was the fact that there was a guy in the next booth firing what I thought was a mini Bazooka >:(. I would flinch every time he fired his weapon. The blast from his weapon was so severe, It would vibrate the section I was in. Made my shooting outing very uncomfortable and perhaps effected my accuracy/shooting timing a little as I remember rushing a little to fire before he did.

When I started shooting at the 15 ft target, I realized that in all the excitement of acquiring my Seecamp on Friday,...I didn't even inspect the Barrel to see it's condition. So I probably went to the Range with a dirty barreled weapon.

A big no-no on my part. A DUMB oversight on my end!!

I decided to end the session and come back home to clean the gun.

Long story short,..I was very impressed with the accuracy the gun has. There is one issue. My Trigger finger was taking a beating!! It's still a little sore. Seems like the recoil was causing the frame to jump just enough to hit my TF at discharge. The feeling felt more like a Shock than anything else. Oh well,....the LWS32 isn't certainly made for an all day Target practice session, is it!!

I can definitely live with it (no pun intended) :)

Regardless,...I am very happy with the results and feel extremely confident in my Seecamp's abilities!!.

Anyway, here's the photos of the targets...

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

los, like I said before. That thing is to cool for school! neat gun and good to know it is a keeper.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry
    los, like I said before. That thing is to cool for school! neat gun and good to know it is a keeper.

Ti.
    Your right, ...She's definitely a keeper!!

Fine lookin' results from your new BUG.
    NRA Instructor/RSO/Coach/Recruiter
    www.mallardspring.com
    Fenix, Olight, Nitecore, AMK, Leatherman, Condor, Maxpedition
    Forum Member 8% Discount code dccwms8

Quote Originally Posted by NEtracker
    Fine lookin' results from your new BUG.
    Thanks. I'm pretty happy with it's accuracy considering the LWS32 has no sights and the Barrel is only 2" long. I do have to take it out and practice my "point and shoot" technique.

Assistant Administrator
    Looks good to me los and to be honest I would expect to in some way get beat up a bit with any wee gun.

My R9 after 50 or so rounds is well enough re comfort and let's face it, these small pocket-rockets are pretty much carry a lot and shoot a little. Just that come the day they could well save the proverbial butt with just what they hold.

Nice results - nice pocket piece
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Looks good to me los and to be honest I would expect to in some way get beat up a bit with any wee gun.

My R9 after 50 or so rounds is well enough re comfort and let's face it, these small pocket-rockets are pretty much carry a lot and shoot a little. Just that come the day they could well save the proverbial butt with just what they hold.

Nice results - nice pocket piece
    You really don't appreciate how small the Gun is till you hold it. The TF was sore for a few hours, but it's doing fine now. I do agree with you that I'll probably be carrying it much more than I'll be shooting it!

Wow, good shooting. I used to have a Seecamp and traded it because I just could not hit anything with it. Went to a j frame. I will say that the little Seecamp was exremely well made and reliable. Plus it really is small. I mean really small! Good luck with your new BUG.

VIP Member
    Cute li'l ole thang... Nice grouping at 7 ft with not having sights.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Sponsored Links