Defensive Carry banner

Small Framed Person Cougar 8000 Carry

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Crysnon 
#1 · (Edited)
I've owned a Stoeger Cougar 8000 for a good while now and I love the thing. I'm fixing to get my concealed carry license and would like to carry the thing on trips in multiple seasons (summer and winter). The only problem is I'm a small guy 5'7" around 145 lbs and with most the clothes I wear its a big piece to fit neatly into areas it seams.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows a good body location and equipment for carry, and if theres any other Cougar owners out there have solutions.

Even something from 5.11 Tactical would be worth looking into I just would like insight before I plunge into paying.

#2 ·
Sounds like you need loose fitting shirts possibly in dark colors or with a print, and a GOOD belt...Gun Belts by The Belt Man, and a high riding tight fitting leather holster IWB. H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks This should get you started it's all how you carry yourself and the money you spend is worth every penny and you DO get what you pay for.

#4 ·
I'm 6'2", 195lbs and carry a Beretta Mini Cougar 8045 with the extended mag, so it's roughly the same size as yours.

I've got a Crossbreed Supertuck that I wear at about 4 o'clock. For my frame, I'm amazed at how well it conceals, even in shirts and sweaters that are more fitted.

#5 ·
I also carry a Cougar (8040) and am also small framed (5'7", 160lbs). It all boils down to personal preference and what makes you feel comfortable. The holster you end up liking someone else will absolutely hate or detest. I ended up going with leather for both of my firearms (the other is a Makarov). I like a softer leather because I feel like it "forms" to you better than a hard polymer based holster. I recommend going to a gun show and try several of them on like I did. As for placement, it is at 4:00. If it is in the middle of summer, I go with my smaller Makarov because the grip on the Cougar is wider than my neck.
Dan from Missouri

#6 ·
It's easier and much less expensive to adjust the clothing rather than the gun.
Larger/longer T-shirts, printed shirts, or a vest can solve all your concerns.
My Glock-36, or my Kimbers are easily concealed in this FL heat.:31::wave:

#8 ·
Wow lots of advice,

Thanks everyone for the insight I'll check into different holster the one I have now was just a cheap fix for when I bought the gun to have something to put it in at the range when I wasn't at the line.

And belts are something else I didn't think of for some reason. I'm a rifleman this is my first venture into handguns really.

I have been looking for a reasonably price Cougar for a couple years now.
Academy Sporting Goods is where I got mine, around the $400 price range I believe. Its worth every penny of it, but thats not to say you can't get it cheaper from somewhere/someone else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.