Anybody Own a Laserltyte Rear Sight Laser?

This is a discussion on Anybody Own a Laserltyte Rear Sight Laser? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I notice they're cheaper than the others. Are they any good?...

Thread: Anybody Own a Laserltyte Rear Sight Laser?

I notice they're cheaper than the others. Are they any good?
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Quote Originally Posted by mojust View Post
    I notice they're cheaper than the others. Are they any good?
    They don't look it. Any good, that is. I really have to pass on that deal.

Interesting concept, don't think it's been out long, so may be hard to say how "good" (ie: durable) it is.

Personally I'd go with a proven system if I was looking for a laser, such as Crimson Trace, LaserMax or ArmaLaser
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

The concept is a good one, unfortunately in my case it did not work. I went to my local GS and had them order it in for my Glock30SF. He ordered 11 sets of them on Thur and they arrived in store on Tue. After he called me and I got to the store, he attempted to install the first one on my gun. Sight was nearly a foot too high, and could not be regulated to point of aim with the dot sitting ontop of the front site. He then removed it and opened the 2nd pkg. and installed that one, this one was only about 6 to 8 inches too high, and again could not be regulated. He then opened up a 3rd pkg. and installed this site, once again about 4 inches too high. He placed a call to the mfg. who said, well you have to let it sit for 24 hrs then reinsert the adj. allen screw and only give it a half turn every half hr. or so until it goes where you want it to be. Well he tried that on one of the G30SF's he had in stock and it still did the same thing. The end result was he shipped all 11 back to his distributor and I ended up buying another Lastermax universal green for that gun. I'm a happy camper even though the cost is twice as much, you get what you pay for. Good luck and always stay safe.
    USCCA/DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS
    GSSA/NRA
    DEFENSIVE CARRY
    GLOCK TALK
    PAFOA/American Gun Owners

Administrator
    That's a new one on me & not a method of laser adjustment that I've ever heard of.

"He placed a call to the mfg. who said, well you have to let it sit for 24 hrs then reinsert the adj. allen screw and only give it a half turn every half hr. or so until it goes where you want it to be."

So far I'm not encouraged to buy one. I'll save up for the Lasermax.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Yes, QK, that was exactly what the mfg. replied to his question. "How am I supposed to regulate this site for my customer's gun?" Evidentally this was a normal prob with their sights as the lady he talked to didn't even hesitate to let him know how to do it. There is no way, I would want to have to monkey with a sight by backing the adg. screw out completely and letting it sit 24 hrs to readjust to factory setting, then having to insert it and giving it a half turn every half hr. until it finally goes where you want it to be. Can you imagine if you had to do that every time you replaced the batteries? What happens under the heavier recoil if you fire plus P's out of your gun, does it lose it's aiming point and you have to reset it again? Too much trouble for me on all of the above. I bought the Lasermax Uni green, they already had the batteries in it, put it on the rail, turned the screw to tighten it down. After turning it on, it only needed about a half inch adj. to put it right on top of the front site at 7 yds. Left the store and loaded it up ready to rock and roll. I personally prefer the green laser to the red since it can be seen in any lighting conditions even sunlight. I'm not planning on standing there a long time letting the BG follow the laser beam back to my pistol either. If I have to pull it and light him up, there won't be more than a second before I fire if he doesn't cease the threat immediately. I sure hope and pray that's what they do, as it's a hell of a lot cheaper than having to go to court to prove self-defense.
    Good luck and always stay safe.
    USCCA/DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS
    GSSA/NRA
    DEFENSIVE CARRY
    GLOCK TALK
    PAFOA/American Gun Owners

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    FOM has one on his baby Glock .40 and is very happy with it.
    For God, Family and Country!

Links