Sell My Glock for a 1911?

This is a discussion on Sell My Glock for a 1911? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay guy's I've been thinking about this for a while,I currently own three handguns right now all being .45 caliber . One model 30 Glock ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sell My Glock for a 1911?

Okay guy's I've been thinking about this for a while,I currently own three handguns right now all being .45 caliber .

One model 30 Glock that I will definitley keep, one Glock 21 and a black powder Uberti revolver. Im thinking about trading / selling the 21 which I love since it is really to big to carry in Florida and the revolver (Clint Eastwood phase) for a more practical carry gun.

I used to have a Auto Ordanance 1911 full size that I loved to carry years ago and I'm thinking about getting another full size or commander size for carry .My question is what is the minimum I should Take for the Glock and the 1858 Rem copy ,(If I do this).And what would you guys recommend for a 1911 I really like the looks of the Kimbers but I love the Springfield Armory Models too dont know if the Colts would be out of range.

I definitley want the beavertail safety good trigger and a dependable gun. aluminum frame ?Maybe if its rugged enough for lots of range shooting and carry I'll go Aluminum . What do yo guys think any suggestions .
    I love .45's!

Sell what you don't like, but don't sell the gun if you think there is a chance you're going to regret it.

I only keep guns that I shoot. If a gun doesn't feel right in my hand, or its not my style, I sell it off.

I never paid more than $400 for a 1911 (SA Mil-Spec and Colt 1991A1) and I still think Kimber's are overpriced. I don't have problems with any of my 1911s.

I love my Kimber. I've heard stories of problems but have experienced none, it is reliable, accurate, well made. I would buy another Kimber anyday and am in fact considering their new .40polymer for carry just because of the DA trigger and poss liability issues regarding light SA triggers.

I read in the latest issue of Combat Handguns that a light, single action trigger can be a liability, especially if cocked and locked though I may have misunderstood. I will raise the issue in another thread.

All said and done I strongly recommend a Kimber but all steel.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    We need to know what Gen the Glock is (1, 2, or 3), what shape its in, approx. how many rounds have been through it, and how many mags you will include. Assuming its in good shape, you should be able to get around $450 for the 21.
    Curry

I'm in Florida, too. I never had a problem concealing my Glock M21 but wasn't sorry to see it go, either. I still regret selling my Glock M30. But I no longer carry either of my 1911's for reasons that do not relate to concealment. The problem in our area, is one of environmental factors. Like it or not, the 1911 is going to get sweaty and may have some rust issues. Also, there is the comfort factor of carrying concealed in the heat and humidity. I just find my Glocks easier to wear and conceal in the summertime and I never have to worry about rust with that tennifer finish. The Glock plastic doesn't get too hot and it doesn't dig into my sides. For that matter I feel as comfortable with both my Sig P245 and my USP 45 than I do with a 1911. Just my .02.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Sorry its a gen 3 , with 2 mags original box and paperwork about 1 year old around 2200 rounds excelent shape the Uberti 1858 about 2 years old original box paper work ect. just a slight wear line on cylinder less than 20 shots fired
    I love .45's!

Toy, or tool? Overall, the Glock is a better "tool" (higher capacity, less "tweak-needy", more durable finish, cheaper parts & repair). Having said that, I've gotten rid of my Glocks for steel single-stacks; I also keep double sets of spares, and can do my own work.

Gosh Darn! Thought you might be selling off a 26.....

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    As far as a carry 1911, I think S&W Scandium framed Commander sized model would be the best weight/durability combo.

Don't know about the prices on the Glock or the Revolver, though.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Keep the 21 if you like it. It'll always make a good house/truck gun. Plus, it'll match up nicely with the G30 if need be.

Save your money and buy the 1911 outright.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Lead Moderator
    For what its worth. i like my SA champ. 4" barrel , LW frame. easy to conceal. nice and slim, yet big enough to be accurate.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Thanks for the suggestions guys I'm not in a hurry or anything so maybe I'll just hold on to the 21 and save up the overtime money till I get the money to get what I want.
    I love .45's!

Add a vote for a Dan Wesson / CZ 1911. Its my constant companion, every waking hour, full-size, stainless. I looked at about every 1911 manufacturer while I was trying to pick one. I absolutely love it, so if you're considering a 1911, at least give them a look. Mine is a Pointman-7. Check my sig for pics and specs.
    *** IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, DIAL - 1911 ***

Dan Wesson / CZ: Pointman 7, Stainless .45 ACP
    LaserMax, Carbon Fiber Ultra-thin Grips, Milt Sparks VM2, Milt Sparks 1.5" Tapered Gun Belt, Nickel Buckle, Galco Dual Magazine Carrier

Charles Daly: Field Hunter VR-MC, Semi-Auto 12g

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Get rid of all the "other"gunz and get yourself a less that 5" Kimber with an alloy frame. Don't,repeat,don't, pay any attention to the "less than 5 inchers ain't worth a crap" talk. With the proper amount of common sense,they will shoot great.

If you can afford it,pick your weapon with CC(only) in mind. Use this when picking the features that you want on a potential carry weapon.

I haven't found anyone yet that will tell me that a full, or fuller than full, sized 1911 is just as easy to carry concealed as a 3" alloy framed(still with 7+1) 1911 in a warm climate. -------

sell what ya like and buy what ya want thats how i do it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links