Anyone have experience with STI's VIP in .40?

This is a discussion on Anyone have experience with STI's VIP in .40? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking to get away from my issued Sig with a DAK trigger. I do not like the trigger re-set and I have narrowed ...

Thread: Anyone have experience with STI's VIP in .40?

Anyone have experience with STI's VIP in .40?

I am looking to get away from my issued Sig with a DAK trigger. I do not like the trigger re-set and I have narrowed the field to Glock, H&K, Kahr and STI. I like the STI the most, but it has the highest price tag. Anyone have experience with this weapon??? Anyone have other options??? Thanks for your input.

James

2. Remove Ads

for the price of the STI, get 3 Glocks and they'll never let you down, or 1 glock and go to a shooting school to really learn how to use it.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Navy1811,
    Is your forum name your agency/series as well? I only ask because I did not know the STI was on the approved list for Jethro Gibb's boys.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

STI are the ultimate 1911s...... If you want one, go through a custom smith to get it. You will not be disappointed. I have a 2011 in 9x23 Winchester and it is an awesome carry gun - 357 mag ballistics with 20 rounds in the gun.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Glock would be my choice. It will always work and for the money you can buy more ammo, or a training course.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Hey guys,

Nedrgr21, Thanks for your input. I do like the Glocks and have trusted a 17 and a 19 while on patrol. I am partial to a 1911 model and that is why I am looking into the STI. I do agree that you cannot go wrong with a trusted and proven Glock.

GreatGonzo, You are correct on my agency. There may be an updated list with several alternate manufactures available in 9mm or .40 cal. STI may be on that list. I am just getting a jump on things... I think Gibbs would enjoy carying his trusty 1911...

edr9x23super, I do have an STI rep out here and I am going to look at a few different pistols tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

cmdrdredd, I think many people feel the same way about their Glock. I trust mine and may stay with that. I do like the issued Sig's also, but I will not trust my life to the DAK trigger. I just dont like it, and peace of mind regarding my personal weapon is extreemely important to me.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Well crud, ya didn't say you already had a couple of Glocks. Heck yeah, get the STI, everyone should have a 1911.

Links