S&W 6906 Range Report

This is a discussion on S&W 6906 Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As some of you may know, I purchased a used S&W 6906 9mm 12 shot magazine for $275 several weeks ago. Well, I finally took ...

Thread: S&W 6906 Range Report

S&W 6906 Range Report

As some of you may know, I purchased a used S&W 6906 9mm 12 shot magazine for $275 several weeks ago. Well, I finally took it to the range. I have the following to report:

1) Excellent Groupings
    2) Very Stable Gun
    3) Fired 112 Rounds and NOT ONE MALFUNCTION!
    4) Excellent Ergonomics
    5) Very Manageable Recoil
    6) Light weight at 25 oz

For those who are in search of an excellent CCW for a reasonable price, the S&W 6906 may be an option. Keep in mind they are no longer produced but these firearms are very proven and very reliable!

Hope this helps.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Great report. I had a 669 years ago, that I carried off duty and it was great. This should give you years of service. IF you shop around you'll find some more mags...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Gotta love the Smith third gens.

In addition to my 6906, I just placed a deposit on a S&W Chief's Special 45. I can't wait to pick it up. It is a compact 45. A double action only firearm, it weighs only 24 oz. Once I have it, I will provide photos. I am just amazed at the reliability of 3rd Generation S&W. Yet they still retain the 1911-ish appearance.

What turned out to be just a regular day to pick up ammo at my gun store turned into a firearm purchase! It was funny. As soon as I walked in the door, from the corner of my eye I had seen the CS45 at the bottom of the gun case. Even the store owner noticed!

I just picked up a lnib or nib ( not sure ) 6906 last weekend . I took it to the range this week and am really impressed with the accuracy and balance of this gun. I also like the ability to share the same holsters of my 3913NL and CS9 with it.

Stumpjumper: Which holster do you use for the 6906? I use an Uncle Mike's IWB. I am toying with the possibility of a leather holster. Congrats on your purchase!

Get this, Want to know how ridiculous NYS is? In this pineapple NYC driven political machine of the State Legislature, a high capacity magazine is not legal. However, if the firearm is a preban manufactured gun, then you are good to go. When I purchased my S&W 6906 I had to call S&W directly and verify that the firearm was manufactured prior to 1994. How utterly ridiculous and plain right STUPID. Imagine that, I had to find the birth date of my puppy.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I have one that is still NIB. I'm glad to hear they're so reliable.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

They are making a huge comeback. I find it amazing that I purchased the 6906 used. I brought it to the range and functioned without failure. Over 100 rounds.

My 6946 was my first carry gun. It is also the most reliable semi-auto I own with 8000+ trouble free rounds down the pipe. I have a boat load of mags and the gun shoots wonderfully and fits my hands perfectly.

It will be one gun I will own for ever. I would buy another if I found a $275 version any time. Note: I still want it's bigger brother a 4053
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Sorry for the delay in replying back. I have found that Don Hume make some decent IWB and OWB holsters at a decent price. I have a 715, 710 and a JIT that seems to fill what ever mood I'm in. I just picked up a old Desantis should holster that I may use this winter.

Links