Requesting Help From All Forum Members

This is a discussion on Requesting Help From All Forum Members within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok guys here is the latest news on my gun. As you know it was back in August when I had my Rock River 1911 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Requesting Help From All Forum Members

1952 - 2006

Ok guys here is the latest news on my gun. As you know it was back in August when I had my Rock River 1911 blow up.

After dancing with MagTech for several months, back in December they decided that it was costing them more money to deal with lil ole me than it would cost them to pay and fix the gun. So....without admitting liability they decided to pay. Fine by me as long as it gets paid for.

Then I get ahold of Chuck Larsen at Rock River Arms and am told it could be ready by the SHOT Show in February. When I talked to Chuck at the SHOT Show he said that the barrel hadn't come in from BarSto yet. Sooo... I headed over to talk to Irv Stone of BarSto Barrels. He tells me that he is sure the barrel had been sent but he would check on it upon his return to work.

Now, I have been unable to get Chuck on the phone ever since the SHOT Show and have been told to just leave him a message and he would call me back to say when my gun would be ready. I've left at least a dozen messages. "Just tell me what's going on with my gun".

The day before yesterday I get in touch with Chuck's secretary, Ulanda, I ask her to at least find out from Chuck what the story is. She agrees.

Now folks it has been over 8 months since Rock River got my gun for repair. I was told by Ulanda yesterday that Chuck had been to busy to get to my gun and that he really hadn't done anything towards its repair. If I wished they would send it back to me so that I could send it to another gunsmith for repair and a new top-end.

I personally find this kind of customer service appalling. Chuck gave the excuse that he didn't start repairing it because of all the dispute over who was going to pay for it with MagTech. That was all settled back in December.

Needless to say I'm mad as hell.

Now is the time that I would like to utilize the power we all have, some of the offers that were made months ago by you.

I'd like to request that everyone send a letter to Chuck Larsen of Rock River Arms and 'splain it to him. Tell him that the treatment Bob Ford has recieved from them is unacceptable and as such you will boycott his firearms and company and that you are going to tell all your shooting friends to do the same until this is resolved.

Let's see if the comsumers still have the power to influence things at the corporate level. I mean all that I want is to have my BOB FORD 1 custom gun back rebuilt like new. I don't think that is too much to ask.

As a favor to me please send your letters to:

Chuck Larsen
    c/o Rock River Arms
    1042 Cleveland Road
    Colona, Illinois 61241

Thanks to one and all who will take 10 minutes and a little postage to try and make a difference.

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sorry, I don't know the story - which Magtech ammo type blew up?
    And, for what it's worth, a rep group I know was looking at Rock River for a client, but they couldn't get a single gun to run correctly. This is back a couple years ago.
    I'd be happy to check with Magtech and see what they say but I need to know the ammo type.
    Thanks and sure sorry to hear about this.

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by David III
    Sorry, I don't know the story - which Magtech ammo type blew up?
    And, for what it's worth, a rep group I know was looking at Rock River for a client, but they couldn't get a single gun to run correctly. This is back a couple years ago.
    I'd be happy to check with Magtech and see what they say but I need to know the ammo type.
    Thanks and sure sorry to hear about this.
    The ammo was MagTech 230gr ball 45ACP.

Erik Leslie and Troy Duerr of MagTech know all about the situation.

Here is the original thread I started back in August reference the blow up. http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ead.php?t=3899

I no longer have a problem with MagTech seeing as they have decided to pay for the damages. My problem is with RRA. I feel that I and my $3000 custom gun have been thrown aside to be repaired whenever they feel like it. After 8 months of waiting and being ignored, I'm angry, and would like to see if the power of the internet and this forum can get them off their collective butts and get my gun back to me repaired.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Fair enough - if Eric knows (that's who I was going to call).
    I'll see what that "almost rep" can do with Rock River.

Today's mail already went out but the requested letter will be sent in tomorrows mail.Want to see it? I'll email you a pic of the letter and the envelope. That kind of thing p***es me off.
    Guess they're unfamiliar with terms such as customer service, repeat customers and word of mouth

Assistant Administrator
    This does smell bad Bob - I will try too to scribe a letter and send - but may not be immediate.

Ignoring of requests for info always yanks my chain - badly.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

In my experience, bad news is never worse than "no news". I go absolutely horizontal wacked-out psycho if someone doesn't communicate with me after numerous nice attempts (sucky face nice too).

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Administrator

Rock River Gun Sales

Well, depending on how all of this works out real soon...we should be able to drop down the total number of yearly RR firearms sold down a bit...just by mentioning your truthful experience in all of the major Internet gun forums. We only need to refer to you as "a customer"
    I'll drop him a note. Happy to do it for you.
    We'll see how that works first.

Sounds like all we need to do is NOT BS or fabricate anything but, just tell the truth. I personally will not buy any firearm that has POOR to nonexistent customer service.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    I am sending a letter as well, letting them know that I am in the market for an AR (which is true). While I am interested in their line, I am not going to make the purchase until I see how they resolve this issue.

Matt

Well I sent my letter of today, I would be absolutely PO'd if they did that to me. I hope it helps and you get some satisfaction.
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE WORLD IS BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN.
    -Lady Liberty-
    United Stats Army,(Ret)

1952 - 2006
    I want to thank you one and all and express my deepest appreciation for your support on this matter with RRA.

For those of you who belong to other gun forums you may feel free to use my posts and name in order to spread this as far and wide as possible.

Once again, Thanks to all.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

1952 - 2006
    Well, to be honest guys, I was hoping for a more united front from you all. I thought I would get a lot of feedback from this.

Thanks again to all who posted that they would write a letter on my behalf.

Bob

~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Senior Moderator
    Still no response at all from RRA?

Think I'll be looking elsewhere for my rifle...

Matt

Administrator
    This really sucks...you've NOT got your firearm back yet?

Senior Moderator
    Think I'll send them another letter, letting them know that I am going to spend my money with a competitor, and why.

Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links