BUG anyone???

This is a discussion on BUG anyone??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; one of the following; p32 p3at s&w642....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BUG anyone???

one of the following; p32 p3at s&w642.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Seecamp LWS32 in a Hedley front pocket holster. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    LWRC PSD 6.8mm in reach behind the seat

Put a 'rubber band' on the trigger and you've got a heck of a back up weapon...

---------------------------------------------

To the OP...
    On the rare occasion that I take a BUG along, its a KelTec P-3AT in either a pocket holster or an IWB/SOB holster.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

kpw
    KT P-32, front left pocket, HBE pocket holster.
    Tomcat, same way but in a Bauer holster.
    642 in left jacket pocket, Davis holster or in a Bianchi bellyband.
    Not all at the same time.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Main BUGs are a Walther PPS 9mm or a S&W 342PD with backup BUGs of KT 3AT or NAA. My usual set is my WC1911, PPS in letf front and KT in rear
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

The choice to carry a second gun was not a difficult one for me. Which ONE to carry has gone thru some evolutions.
    I've changed my second gun choice as of late. After doing some testing and eval of my personal situation, the 442 now fits the second gun role. Spending a couple of weeks w it in an ankle rig from Bh!.
    One reason for the change is that for the most part, greater than 70% of my carry time is spent seated. That means the access for me is quite a bit easier from the ankle than to try to lean back and work a hand into my pocket. And easier than trying to lean far enough foreward to access a waist mounted pistol. This is not to say I won't also invest in a pocket holster for those times when this revolver may serve as the primary or only gun, or for those times when shorts might be worn.
    Another reason for a secondary gun, and a jframe revolver in my case, is its easy to arm a second person who may not be familiar w/ the action or manual of arms of other guns. I can quickly hand the gun to my wife, who is a rather good shot, and know that she can finish a fight I might not have been able to. Or, I can arm a friend who may not be carrying his/hers at the time.
    Finally, my choice was to choose a firearm that may be carried on the ankle, or in the pocket, and get cruddy, that I still have a great deal of confidence in as far as operating under those circumstances.

Just my ramblings...........

dan

I have a few actually,
    two different NAA Guardians, one in 380 and one in 32acp, both have been 100% both are carried in a Nemisis holster, I also carry a S&W 649 in a Mika holster, this is probably my favorite BUG. Like others have said, having a hand in your right front pocket looks totally natural.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
    What is your Back Up Gun?
    Any problems with it?
    How do you carry it?
    (1) Usually, a SIG P229. Often, an SP101. On occasion, an S&W limited-run J-frame based on a Model 642.

(2) No, no, and no. Well, actually, yes. These handguns are so reliable, they are causing boredom.

(3) P229: Safepacker, or belt holster.

SP101: Pocket holster, belt holster, or ankle holster.

J: Pocket, or Galco Executive shoulder rig.

One may wonder, if my "back-up" is a P229, what type of cannon I am carrying as "primary" armament. Well, no worries; my usual concealed carry pistol is a P229. I have "qualed" at work with three P229s as primary duty pistols, and it makes logistical sense to carry on my own time what I carry at work. (I own my duty pistols; they are not issued.) My answers to the above questions were made from the point of view of me being off the clock, on my own time, in plain private citizen clothes. My answers were, of course, influenced by being subject to duty at all times, and my choice to be able to respond aggressively to a crime in progress. Once I retire, I might well be happy with a couple of revolvers if all I want to do is be able to stop a close-range scuffle, and possibly arm a family member. I have several more SP101 and J-frame snubbies than the ones mentioned above.
    Last edited by Rexster; October 25th, 2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: clarification

My combo. G26 & LCP

Distinguished Member Array old grunt's Avatar
    Django....OUTSTANDING! That is ONE fine rifle. LWRC makes nice stuff! Any problems getting 6.8 SPC ammo? Anyway.....that's a BUG !!!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Distinguished Member Array old grunt's Avatar
    [QUOTE=BikerRN;1347855]Weakside pocket is the home of a J-Frame Airweight.

It nestles into a Mika Pocket Holster as I tend to walk around with my hand in my pocket appearing to be jingling my change.

Biker[/QUOT
    You can GO BLIND doing that! Seriously, the Airweight J-Frame is the way to go!!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

cmb
    I currently carry a p32, no probs, small thin light, but recently became envious of a 642 airweight, may be adding a lightweight 38 spec soon... decisions, decisions

I carry a Glock 22 backed up by a Kahr P40 which is backed up by a NAA .22 mag. This is what I carry on duty and off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexster View Post
    (1) Usually, a SIG P229. Often, an SP101. On occasion, an S&W limited-run J-frame based on a Model 642.

(2) No, no, and no. Well, actually, yes. These handguns are so reliable, they are causing boredom.

(3) P229: Safepacker, or belt holster.

SP101: Pocket holster, belt holster, or ankle holster.

J: Pocket, or Galco Executive shoulder rig.

One may wonder, if my "back-up" is a P229, what type of cannon I am carrying as "primary" armament. Well, no worries; my usual concealed carry pistol is a P229. I have "qualed" at work with three P229s as primary duty pistols, and it makes logistical sense to carry on my own time what I carry at work. (I own my duty pistols; they are not issued.) My answers to the above questions were made from the point of view of me being off the clock, on my own time, in plain private citizen clothes. My answers were, of course, influenced by being subject to duty at all times, and my choice to be able to respond aggressively to a crime in progress. Once I retire, I might well be happy with a couple of revolvers if all I want to do is be able to stop a close-range scuffle, and possibly arm a family member. I have several more SP101 and J-frame snubbies than the ones mentioned above.
    I love this the P229 is my primary carry and would make a great backup . I currently carry a J-frame snubby weakside behind my wallet
    Never approach a Bull from the front , a Horse from the rear or a Fool from any direction!

Quote Originally Posted by old grunt View Post
    Django....OUTSTANDING! That is ONE fine rifle. LWRC makes nice stuff! Any problems getting 6.8 SPC ammo? Anyway.....that's a BUG !!!
    Thanks!
    LWRC did a great job on their pistol version of the PSD.
    The 6.8 ammo is still a bit pricey but no problem finding in stock.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links