FINALLY got to the range with new PT145

This is a discussion on FINALLY got to the range with new PT145 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gotta say - Sweet little shooter for a .45 caliber handgun. Not much of a "kick" per-say, more like a Hardy "Push" kinda recoil. Not ...

Thread: FINALLY got to the range with new PT145

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Gotta say - Sweet little shooter for a .45 caliber handgun. Not much of a "kick" per-say, more like a Hardy "Push" kinda recoil. Not bad at all.

Ammo - Shot various quantities of following:

Federal's EFMJ .45 (of course) 165 Grain Personal Defense
    BTW - I guess the humidity got to the Federal EFMJ rounds as the projectile part was a little green and course/rough feeling.

Winchester FMJ "Hardball" .45 - 230 Grain

Winchester JHP .45 - 230 Grain

No problems AT ALL with any of them. I kinda expected some feed problems with the Federal EFMJ but had none.

Only targets I had were standard paper plates.

At 7 yards shot approx 2 1/2" to left and 1 1/2" down from my POA (Point Of Aim).

Grouping was about 3/4" to 1 1/4" on average.

I really like the SA on the first shot. No failures on first try of any rounds to allow the DA second chance shot this Taurus PT145 3rd Generation feature offers. Which is good news for the ammo and pistol's functioning. I have tried the DA second shot with dry fire and it feels fine by me.

At 15 yards I shot the static small Steel Silhouettes and heard the nice audible "clang" each shot. Not sure about shot placement as targets were pretty "used" and in need of a fresh coat of paint. Might do that one day.

All in All this Taurus PT145 gets a big THUMBS UP from me.
    For God, Family and Country!

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Gotta say - Sweet little shooter for a .45 caliber handgun. Not much of a "kick" per-say, more like a Hardy "Push" kinda recoil. Not bad at all.

Ammo - Shot various quantities of following:

Federal's EFMJ .45 (of course) 165 Grain Personal Defense
    BTW - I guess the humidity got to the Federal EFMJ rounds as the projectile part was a little green and course/rough feeling.

Winchester FMJ "Hardball" .45 - 230 Grain

Winchester JHP .45 - 230 Grain

No problems AT ALL with any of them. I kinda expected some feed problems with the Federal EFMJ but had none.

Only targets I had were standard paper plates.

At 7 yards shot approx 2 1/2" to left and 1 1/2" down from my POA (Point Of Aim).

Grouping was about 3/4" to 1 1/4" on average.

I really like the SA on the first shot. No failures on first try of any rounds to allow the DA second chance shot this Taurus PT145 3rd Generation feature offers. Which is good news for the ammo and pistol's functioning. I have tried the DA second shot with dry fire and it feels fine by me.

At 15 yards I shot the static small Steel Silhouettes and heard the nice audible "clang" each shot. Not sure about shot placement as targets were pretty "used" and in need of a fresh coat of paint. Might do that one day.

All in All this Taurus PT145 gets a big THUMBS UP from me.
    Glad to hear it. If you've followed my threads on taurusarmed.net, mine gets a solid THUMBS UP with one mag and a thumbs down with the other. I'm going to take the bad one apart and reassemble it to see what happens. It's solid as a rock with 10+1 using the good mag.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Links