My first Pistol - Page 2

My first Pistol

This is a discussion on My first Pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; congrats...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first Pistol

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    congrats
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Congratulations on the purchase. I have always wanted to try one of those.

What's the hold up on getting your PA License to Carry Firearms? Around here the Sheriff issues them while you wait. Is it different for you since you're so close to Philadelphia?
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Congrats! Time for the first pistol dance.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

A good Mak is a nice addition to any gun collection , I am sure it will be a good friend!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMan View Post
    Congratulations on the purchase. I have always wanted to try one of those.

What's the hold up on getting your PA License to Carry Firearms? Around here the Sheriff issues them while you wait. Is it different for you since you're so close to Philadelphia?
    I know there should not be any problem since I have a spotless record and PA is a shall issue state but for some reason my local PD is taking its sweet time. Here you have to go to the county Sheriff and pick up two forms. One of the forms you must take to your local police department, for me that's Bridgeport PA, (they are supposed to a preliminary background check?? I really don't know what they are doing but after they are done with it you take back to the Sheriff's office with your application). The officer I spoke to when I dropped it off was a nice guy and said to come back in 5 days to pick it up or someone would call me to let me know it was ready sooner. No, call so I returned in 5 days and speak to a different officer and this guy seems to have a bug up his butt about something and spoke in a tone that some people might call yelling. He told me it wasn't ready and not to come back until called. I asked him if the 5 day estimate I was given had been done in error or if there was something I was missing. he just glared at me has he turned away and said not to come back until called. Right now it's been two weeks since I first dropped it off and still no call. Tomorrow I think I'm going to call and ask to speak to a supervisor.. any way that's the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by joshe View Post
    I know there should not be any problem since I have a spotless record and PA is a shall issue state but for some reason my local PD is taking its sweet time. Here you have to go to the county Sheriff and pick up two forms. One of the forms you must take to your local police department, for me that's Bridgeport PA, (they are supposed to a preliminary background check?? I really don't know what they are doing but after they are done with it you take back to the Sheriff's office with your application). The officer I spoke to when I dropped it off was a nice guy and said to come back in 5 days to pick it up or someone would call me to let me know it was ready sooner. No, call so I returned in 5 days and speak to a different officer and this guy seems to have a bug up his butt about something and spoke in a tone that some people might call yelling. He told me it wasn't ready and not to come back until called. I asked him if the 5 day estimate I was given had been done in error or if there was something I was missing. he just glared at me has he turned away and said not to come back until called. Right now it's been two weeks since I first dropped it off and still no call. Tomorrow I think I'm going to call and ask to speak to a supervisor.. any way that's the deal.
    Wow, that is unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully showing up before they called you didn't get your paperwork moved to the bottom of the stack... Hope you get it soon.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    They are great guns. I have 2 pistols in 9x18 and they are very accurate and thin due to their fixed barrel design and single stack magazine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links