Trying to decide what to buy

This is a discussion on Trying to decide what to buy within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dr_cmg Anyone who want to contribute to the dr_cmg new gun fund can pm me and I will give you the address ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to decide what to buy

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg

Anyone who want to contribute to the dr_cmg new gun fund can pm me and I will give you the address to send checks to.
    Have you thought about a big pickle jar on your desk, with a sad B&W picture of you with the title "Help this Young Man Find His Way"

2. Remove Ads

I have had the following sig 239 in.40. Great gun but heavy for its size.Smith 39 good gun also but pretty big for ccw.Browning hipower great gun but big and heavy.I was looking for something lightweight easy to carry and dependable. The glock 19 is what i chose.it is a doublestack and i have small hands and its no problem. I have 1200 rounds through it and not a malfunction of any kind to date. I never thought very much of a plastic gun till i shot a glock. Now the other ones just sit in the safe. But the glock is with me 24/7

Sig P225

The Sig 239 is a great carry pistol. Small and flat make it easy to conceal.
    "EVERYONE is operating with only partial information" :hand27:
    Some Wise Guy, USA 2001

VIP Member
    I am biased towards Kahr pistols owning a P9 Covert, PM9 and P45. All Kahr pistols are recommended to go through a (minimum) 200 round break-in period. My P9 Covert has yet to suffer any malfunctions; my PM9 had a few malfunctions within the first 250 rounds and nothing since; my P45 had two malfunctions within the first 200 and it has been trouble-free since.

I love S&W's Third Generation semi-auto line; truly underrated unsung heroes. I'm not a fan of the bolted-on afterthought light rails of many of the TSW guns....I love the clean lines of the base 3913 and 3913 LS. The 908 also seems like a winner to me.

The STI LS9 feels great in my hand, but I've never fired one.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

If I had to carry a single stack, my Sig P239 would
    be my choice.
    Never had a single malfunction with any ammo I have ever
    used.

VIP Member
    Something unexpected has come up. My wife has to go to a WeightWatchers staff meeting tomorrow afternoon. I discovered this yesterday. I will be going with her because less than 2 miles from her meeting site is a gun shop in Birmingham that is a dealer for Sig and S&W. I discovered this shop by looking for dealers in Birmingham on the Sig site. Low and behold there it was. When I went to the gun shop website I found the following statement: "We sell all types of new and used firearms, from the brands you know and trust. Some of these include Glock, Sig Sauer, Beretta, Remington, Browning and Smith and Wesson. If you are looking for something , we can get it!"
    The first page of the site says in big letters, "Come in and Browse." Sounds like an invite to me. Hopefully by this time tomorrow evening I will have made my choice. And possibly put something down on one. We'll see.

Thanks for all the info and advice. I haven't heard from anyone interested in contributing to the dr_cmg new gun fund. I'm sure that was just an oversite so consider this a gentle reminder to pm me so that I can give you the address to send the checks.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links