Ever Seen One of These?

Ever Seen One of These?

This is a discussion on Ever Seen One of These? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Curious to know if anyone has seen a Para Ordnance like this one? It is a common gun but I have never seen one with ...

Ever Seen One of These?

Curious to know if anyone has seen a Para Ordnance like this one? It is a common gun but I have never seen one with a muzzle break incorporated with the barrel. Did Para put these out? If so, does anyone now the timeframe?
    Attached Images

JD
    Administrator
    If I had to guess (and I am) I'd say that's aftermarket. The bushing doesn't look factory.

I don't know much about Para's but, that definitely looks aftermarket.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    I agree with JD... sure looks like an aftermarket barrel & bushing...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    I agree with JD... sure looks like an aftermarket barrel & bushing...
    ...to allow for a ported barrel?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

looks like a aftermarket bushing for a suppressor????
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Yep, I'm in agreement with the others here. Looks aftermarket to me.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Looks like a para warthog but I thought the warthog had a bull barrel design with no bushing... strange...
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

It looks like most of the pistols we have in Canada. Here you can not own a pistol with less then 106mm barrel unless you are "grandfathered". So many rebarrel and, now you have a legal pistol.
    "It is foolish to hunt a tiger when there are so many sheep around"

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    Looks like a para warthog but I thought the warthog had a bull barrel design with no bushing... strange...
    That appears to be a P12-45 which predates the Warthawg in name, back then the Warthawg was the P10-45.

Para had the P10, P12, P13 and P14-45 in the .45ACP line up, there were different model names for the .40 and 9mm guns. The P10-40 / 16-40 / P18-9 being some of the other popular guns. IIRC there was also a 15-40 and 14-40 but they were few in number.

The older Paras were not Parakoted and were blued or stainless, had vertical cocking serrations instead of the new style grooves etc.

Para's product line seems to change rapidly, I don't see the Nite-Tac or railed Hawg listed on their website any more and they don't offer half the models in other calibers than .45 that they used to.

It that's a P12, the extended bbl would put it right around 4" and assp2022 pointed out, in Canada there is a bbl length requirement, it very well could be a Canadian's gun that ended up state side...

Quote Originally Posted by IRyde View Post
    Curious to know if anyone has seen a Para Ordnance like this one? It is a common gun but I have never seen one with a muzzle break incorporated with the barrel. Did Para put these out? If so, does anyone now the timeframe?
    Update, I took this gun in to where I bought it and had some new sights installed. When on of the sales guys there saw it he smiled and said “so you’re the guy that bought it”. He was looking at buying it but then saw that it was gone. I talked with him a bit and he said that he thinks this came from Para’s custom shop. Told me he had a brochure from a while back and said he saw pictures of this configuration in there. It still has me wondering tho. One thing that makes me suspect is that the barrel is not stamped with the typical .45 ACP stamp. I would think that would be there if it came from Para. You know I just hate my detail oriented self at times. Why do I care?

Links