Bersa and Firestorm Pistols - Page 2

Bersa and Firestorm Pistols

This is a discussion on Bersa and Firestorm Pistols within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cold Warrior A pal and I could not decide between buying the new Ruger .380 LCP and the .380 Bersa Thunder; so ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bersa and Firestorm Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    A pal and I could not decide between buying the new Ruger .380 LCP and the .380 Bersa Thunder; so we talked each other into buying both! I'm glad that we were more sensible than those female folks who go and look at clothes. The little Ruger sits here in a plastic organizer thing on top of my living room end table. The Bersa is bigger and fits the hand better.
    I KNEW you'd like it! (Most shooters do)!

My Bersa UC9 has been totally reliable with all types of ammo. It is very easy to shoot well due to a very good trigger, both in single and double-action modes. The white outlined rear sight also helps. I would carry it but it is a bit heavier than I like. I've gotten lazy in my old age, and am more likely to carry a PF-9.

My Firestorm 22LR, identical to the 380ACP pistol, is always the most heavily used gun at the range. Everybody loves to shoot it. It is quite reliable with any quality ammunition, and works just as well with some brands of cheap, bulk ammo. Being able to use el cheapo .22 ammo is good, since it is so easiy to burn through a brick on a sunny afternoon.

If you must have a pistol with a beautiful finish, then the Bersa/Firestorm guns are not going to thrill you. I'm more interested in how a firearm performs, and the Bersas will shoot right along with their more pricey cousins.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I own both the Bersa 380CC and the 9UC and have ZERO issues with either of the pistols. I have fired 4 different rounds in the 380CC and about 9 different rounds in the 9UC. All fed well and I had absolutely ZERO failure to feeds or failure to go BANG.

The Bersa brand usually gets bad mouth because of the price. Some folks think that if the gun does not costs over $600, then it is worthless.
    Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

Firestorm UC9mm

First, let me say Firestorm and Bersa are the same if you didnt know.. Firestorm is the branded name by an importer. They are built at the same factory in Brazil.. Correct me if my facts are wrong :)

Second, I picked up a Firestorm uc9mm used for $150 .. after about a box of range ammo, it would chamber the round, but the hammer wouldn't drop.. After fumbling around with my limited gun smithing knowledge, I sent it back to one of Bersa's warrenty repair centers. They fixed it and sent it back in a week.. (total time gunless would be 3 weeks with shipping) So far, I put about 300 rounds down the pipe, but it just don't seem "right" .. If you know what I mean..

As to Bersa, the warrenty center (will remain nameless) person was a total jerk. They outsource, the gunsmith is NOT a bersa employee, but some random certified bersa repair center in timbucktoo. I Asked them "What was the problem" and the guy said, "What did you send it in for?" and I state the above and he goes, "Well, we fixed that." and then started to tell me how "everytime one of *us* calls in to check on our guns that it takes away 10 minutes of bench time." So I told him he's a big weaniehead and emailed Bersa directly who, within 5 hours emailed me back telling me that if I have problems STILL send it to one of thier better repair centers.. Good Company!

Pants Pockets:
    Haven't had enough "carry" time to really judge the UC9mm, but it does fit in cargo-pants pockets. Of course you can tell SOMETHING is in there, but if your like me and don't tuck in your shirt, no one will really know what it is.. It's bulky and a bit heavy for this.

Belt/Waist Carry:
    I can wear it pretty much all day long and not be burdend by it's constant poking me, but then again I don't wear Skin Tight pants. If your someone who can fit a Fist between your pants and your body without them falling down, then you'll be happy with it. It's small enough to not be noticed at all.

Just my morning .2 cents during my morning 2 cups of coffee.

I have 380 thunder plus that has been more reliable than the Beretta model 84 I owned 20 years ago and my wife loves it, as it is easy to shoot for her!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I have a 380 and a UC9. Both guns perform flawlessly. My wife has a firestorm 380 and loves it. I can't say anything bad about them. I carry the UC9 most of the time.
    I must have more 1911's. Someone donate me a Springfield EMP.

For the money, you are truly hard pressed to fine better guns...now the finish, not very polished.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I wanted a Bersa Thunder. My pal wanted a Ruger LCP. I wanted a Ruger LCP. My pal wanted a Bersa Thunder. We walked back and forth and looked down at them through the glass. We held them. We racked back the slides and looked down the sights. We talked each other into buying both! Is your gun buddy a bad companion too? Talking you into buying guns too? Well, what the hell, the Bersas were on SALE! And they looked and felt good in the hand and made us Bersa fans.

They do fit the hands like a Walther PPK or a old Beretta model 84..just nice.

My wife has a Firestorm .380 and it hasn't had one issue once I got her to stop limp wristing when shooting. I take it sometimes when I need something a little smaller since she doesn't carry as much as I do. It's not as nice as some of the more expensive guns, but I've found it to be very reliable. Mags are a little expensive though. They're like 30 bucks. They're also a little big for pocket carry too. But all in all ours has been great, as well as the one our range rents out.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I carried a Thunder 380 for 5 years. I highly suggest you test what ever ammo you want to carry in it by shooting a lot of rounds before you carry it. They can be picky.

Lot's of varied opinions....

Myself.....I'll admit I'm "on-the-fence" when it comes to my take on the Bersa T380.

LINK:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...r-cc-exam.html

My previous post pretty much sums it up. At the moment the P238 is STILL on lay-a-way and the wifey carries the T380 in her new CCW purse & has continued to work flawless every time she shoots it at the range. ( our choice in ammo brand made a BIG difference). She's VERY happy with it, and is looking forward to getting her P238 as well.

Me.....I just don't trust it - range gun?... SURE / EDC?.... NOPE - which is WHY I'm still pushing for the P238 she picked out, to be it's replacement for her.

my .02
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

I have a BT380 and A firestorm mini9 and have never had a problem with either. Lets put it this way , if a bad guy was pointing a gun at me I would hope that it was a different "Cheaper Gun" and not a Bersa because I feel real confident that they will go bang every time, and most of the time (in the right hands) hit what they are aiming at.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links