I just ordered a steel trig., Wolff convertor, ext'd mag release and RP hammer spring

I just ordered a steel trig., Wolff convertor, ext'd mag release and RP hammer spring

This is a discussion on I just ordered a steel trig., Wolff convertor, ext'd mag release and RP hammer spring within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This will be interesting for me. This will be my first time working on a Beretta. I figured it'd be interesting to see how a ...

Thread: I just ordered a steel trig., Wolff convertor, ext'd mag release and RP hammer spring

Senior Moderator

This will be interesting for me. This will be my first time working on a Beretta. I figured it'd be interesting to see how a steel trigger, Wolff reduced power trigger spring conversion unit, 16# hammer spring, and an extended mag release would perform in my Beretta 92fs.

Trigger weight should be reduced significantly since both the trigger and hammer spring are reduced power. According to Wolff, their 16# spring is a bit heavier than a "D" spring. I kinda like that; should yield a lighter trigger than stock and give a bit harder primer strike than a "D" spring.

I just can't leave anything alone can I?

I'm also eager to see how I like the extended mag catch. I bet 2500 rounds at Blackwater will tell the tale!

Oh, Lord,, help us! Making changes to a working weapon before going to a class!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    Oh, Lord,, help us! Making changes to a working weapon before going to a class!
    LOL! That just about sums it up, doesn't it!

Ya know though, thinkin' on it, I once started building a 1911 from scratch, 3 weeks before my Gunsite 499 course started. I made it with time to spare and 500 rounds through the gun before I left for the course. It didn't miss a lick in some 1200 rounds.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Hey Tangle, I was in my gun room cleaning that Glock 22 I purchased from you and since I talk to my guns while cleaning them, began to tell it what you were doing to your poor Glocks( and now a Beretta). The Glock promised it would never ever malfunction if I would not send it back to you!!!! (lol)

Senior Moderator
    It's a wise Glock! Actually that one is completely stock. Hmmm, it could have a 3.5# connector but I doubt it.

I don't sell my "extremes", even though I've never had a malfunction with any gun I've built from scratch (1911s) or, as someone put it, "Tangle-ized".

You talk to your guns while you clean them? I knew I'd found a good home for that gun!

Sponsored Links