Need Help and Suggestions on a small 45 - Page 3

Need Help and Suggestions on a small 45

This is a discussion on Need Help and Suggestions on a small 45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by harley2007 I went and held a 30 and a 36 at lunch.....not much different so I think I am going to go ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    I went and held a 30 and a 36 at lunch.....not much different so I think I am going to go with the 30....plus it has a rail where the 36 does not.

Now your talking.......stay the course!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by basher052 View Post
    What kind of price did you find on it Harley, if you dont mind me asking?
    My local dealer wants $555, his best price he said. I know they go for anywhere from $515-$600 on line so I think it is fair....I "use" the dealer alot for info etc and they have always been very fair so I usually will give them the business unless they just cannot be in the area.

Funny, I wanted a Berretta 92 Italian a few months back when Buds had them really cheap, the dealer said that Buds price was cheaper than they could buy it for and felt bad enough to do the FFL for the cost of the form...no fee on that one...so it is hard to walk away from them!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    Did you consider the Springfield XD .45 Compact?

Length 7.3"
    Height 5.0"Ba
    Barrel 4.0"
    10 Rd mag

Glock 36
    Length 6.77"
    Height 4.76"
    Barrel 3.78"
    6 rd mag
    I had a XD9 and although it was a fine gun, it just didnt do it for me...I really did not lke the trigger.....so I sold it, but thay are fine just not for me.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Now your talking.......stay the course!
    Honeslty, I wanted to want the 36.......and maybe I will regret not getting the 36 this time (I am sure I will not regret getting the 30!) but the 30 just felt better for some reason......cannot quite put my finger on the "why" AND since I do not plan or need to carry it now I thought what was the harm....and honestly, it is a little shorter in height and length from my 19 and many people CCW their 19's so I could carry it if need/want be.

I dont have large hands but oddly enough the 30 felt better in my hands....I think this may be due to my becoming accustomed to the Glock frames on my 19 and 26 to the point that I like the feel of the little bricks!

So, long story long, the dealer already has $450 of my deposit on the AR I changed my mind on and will be getting this next Tues or Weds and yes, will post pics!

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Have you looked at the M&P .45c?
    You should consider the M&P .45c. Same size as the G19 and G23. Very concealable and a great reliable weapon. I am a little bias- this is my EDC.

Worth giving it a look.

MN

I will look but the M&Ps haven't hit me for some reason.

I'd run a Glock 36 or a 30 (which I have and really like) or a Smith M&P45 Compact. Try to get your hands on as many of them as you can and work from there.

If you want a small concealable .45 acp then what about the Kahr CW45, mine has been totally reliable, it's my EDC. It is cheaper than the P45, at about $390.
    The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkN View Post
    You should consider the M&P .45c. Same size as the G19 and G23. Very concealable and a great reliable weapon. I am a little bias- this is my EDC.

Worth giving it a look.

MN
    That is what I carry I chose it over the glock cause it fit my hand waaaaay better. Its 8+1 cap and has a 4" barrel. So far about 400 rounds through with no failures she is almost broke in Big plus is all the holsters that fit the M&P45 also fit the C model
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links