Went Glock Crazy

This is a discussion on Went Glock Crazy within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I used to think glocks were over-rated like I am sure that some of you think However I had an eye opening experience with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went Glock Crazy

Went Glock Crazy

So I used to think glocks were over-rated like I am sure that some of you think However I had an eye opening experience with the G23, so what did I do.... I went and bought the G19,G26,G30 and have never turned back! I bought the 3.5 trigger pull for all but the 23. My question is I dont know if I want to go all crazy on all 3 of them but what do you glockers suggest doing as a project on one or two of my glocks? I know that they work best left alone but I cant help myself.

Also if anyone has a 357sig barrel that you want to sell me please pm me. I am looking to have the 357 sig for my G23. It's more cost effective than going out and buying the G32

2. Remove Ads

Might try the 3.5# connector/NY1 trigger spring combo. I really like this combo, and it took a lot of years, and gathering input from this forum before I finally went and did it, and I'm glad I did. Sometimes it is rather easy to go Glock crazy, but in my school, it is best to learn the Glocks as is before one goes tinkering too much with them. Our steel challenge Glocks (G17 and wife's G19), are the ones that get to be the testing grounds for mods in order to make improvements. Our carry Glocks remain stock other than full steel recoil rods.
    Good luck with your Glocks and your predisposition on going crazy with them.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    spend all the money on your favorite one. Unless you have money coming out of your arse.

remember mods on a pistol doesn't nessesarily mean better resale or trade in value.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

thats not an issue at all and yes I know just because you put 5 thousand in a chevette does not mean it's a 5 thousand dollar car :) I understand that. what options do I have as far as making the pistol better is the question

Administrator
    Really, there isn't much to do to them. Maybe fool around with different trigger springs until you find a combo you like.
    If you really shoot a lot, I suggest putting together a nice parts kit. I've filled a Plano tackle box with just about every little part I could from Glock. It makes for fun tinkering, and when I wear something out i have whatever I need on hand. Parts are cheap enough for the Glocks.

There are some local guys who do the grip reductions if you are interested in that too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I like glocks too, but I just keep mine stock.

If you want to spend money on a race Glock, try the Titanium striker and plunger set, a Wolff striker and trigger spring, and a good 3.5 connector. Sights of your choice, maritime spring cups, maybe an aluminum slide cover plate.

It took me years to adapt to a Glock, and during this past year...my Kimbers have become home-bound and my Glock-36 has become my constant travel partner, my EDC.
    I already have a Glock-26, with more Glocks on the list of 'next'...

I also want to take the Glock Armorer course at some point in the future.

Stay armed...Go Glock!...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

kpw
    Nice choices. I currently have the 19 and 30SF. I'm thinking about getting another 27 and maybe a 34. I'd just shoot them stock for a while. That way you get a feel for what you might want to change or add.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I have already put 300 rounds through each of them and I like them alot. I have decided to the the 3.5 connector into the 26,19,30 and give everything a good polishing and then on my 23 I am going to make into a competition gun. I have a guy that shoots the glock competitions here locally and he is going to be setting up my 23 for me. He has 2 competition guns that are setup with a 2 pound trigger pull and the reset is crazy on them

The mods I made to my 26 are:

Tru-Glo TFO sights

CT Laserguard

Pearce +0 pinky extensions on the mags

And, just yesterday, the Vickers tactical extended mag release. These are only a few mm longer than standard, and do make it a bit easier to drop the mag without changing your grip as much. Maybe it's just my thumb, but I still find I need to twist the pistol in my hand a bit to eject the mag - just not as much as with the stock release. So far, no issue accidentally dropping the mag, like I've read with some other extended mag releases. Time will tell.

My 19 has factory night sights, CT Lasergrips, and the Vickers mag release.

I don't see a need for anything else.

I used to have grip plugs on my 19, but removed them. Good to have the option of ripping the mag out, if need be.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Enjoy. I'm glock crazy too!

dont the entended mag feature get in your way when you holster the gun? i would think that the it would accidently release the mag when put in the holster

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Glocks are evil. Dark forces keep forcing me to buy them.

tell me about it... everytime i goto the gun store they say buy me buy me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links