Sight problem with Glock 22

This is a discussion on Sight problem with Glock 22 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I believe night sights are an over-rated accessory. If it's too dark to see the sights, how do you know what you're shooting at? If ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sight problem with Glock 22

I believe night sights are an over-rated accessory.

If it's too dark to see the sights, how do you know what you're shooting at? If it's light enough to ID the target, or you have a flashlight, then it's light enough to see the sights. I have them on the majority of my carry guns because they came on the gun. I've never replaced sights with night sights.

If you're buying sights, take a good look at Warren Tacticals. Yes, they are available in tritium, but the plain old black ones are fine. They are dramatically thinner in front than OEM, and tough as nails. Scott makes them a bit over-sized, so you need to file them to fit. They have a set screw and the front secures (as most do) with a thin walled 3/16" socket.

I have racked the slide using the rear sight on my holster A LOT. Use a belt, use the mag pouch weak-handed, it doesn't matter. They're still factory black and shooting straight.

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    I believe night sights are an over-rated accessory.

If it's too dark to see the sights, how do you know what you're shooting at?
    Dan
    Its called "low light" conditions! Night sights are just another tool just like a good tactical flashlight. I want every single advantage I can get.......my life and my families are worth it. In reality I don't really need any sights on a CCW or HD handgun, I can point shoot very well at any distance you would likely ever shoot at a goblin.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links