Sig P238 - Page 2

Sig P238

This is a discussion on Sig P238 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, First and foremost, I love that finish! That is very cool looking! I am sure SIG will take care of you on this, I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig P238

VIP Member
    Hi,

First and foremost, I love that finish! That is very cool looking! I am sure SIG will take care of you on this, I was just looking at this model the other day and have heard nothing but goods things. I was paranoid about my new SIG as it's a new model too, but it shoots flawlessly.

I heard this little rig is a tack driver?
    Last edited by C hawk Glock; November 2nd, 2009 at 08:01 PM.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by earlthegoat2 View Post
    That said the gun may also need a thorough cleaning too. Guns always need to be cleaned before they are fired when they are brnad new.

I got the new P238 about 2 wks ago and had a couple FTFire's also, along with a few FTE and FTFeeds. I HAD NOT CLEANED THE GUN BEFORE I WENT TO THE RANGE FOR THE FIRST TIME. It got a good cleaning after that and the next trip to the range was uneventful. No issues. Try that first.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jreXD9 View Post
    I got the new P238 about 2 wks ago and had a couple FTFire's also, along with a few FTE and FTFeeds. I HAD NOT CLEANED THE GUN BEFORE I WENT TO THE RANGE FOR THE FIRST TIME. It got a good cleaning after that and the next trip to the range was uneventful. No issues. Try that first.
    It's funny you say that, when I got my P250 it had 50 rounds through it and they guy said he had a couple FTF's. I took it home and it still had the factory grease, I cleaned it off and went to the range. I have not had an issue ever. It's flawless!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    It's funny you say that, when I got my P250 it had 50 rounds through it and they guy said he had a couple FTF's. I took it home and it still had the factory grease, I cleaned it off and went to the range. I have not had an issue ever. It's flawless!
    Well, It is true, most new Sigs are slightly greased for packing and should be cleaned before serious shooting. On the other hand, there is nothing easier to clean than a Sig P250 and it will usually fire accurately bone dry. That in itself makes it a joy to own and shoot.

Th sig P250 needs to be cleaned with solvent but then cleaned dry. There are 4 points on the frame. I lightly oil the front two and use white lithium grease (very slightly) on the rear points of the frame near the trigger. I have never had a problem. The grease does not wear off even under water.

I personally have not had any experience with the P228.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

My baby Sig has been flawless. I shot PMC bronze FMJ at the range because that's what I could find.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Well, It is true, most new Sigs are slightly greased for packing and should be cleaned before serious shooting. On the other hand, there is nothing easier to clean than a Sig P250 and it will usually fire accurately bone dry. That in itself makes it a joy to own and shoot.

Th sig P250 needs to be cleaned with solvent but then cleaned dry. There are 4 points on the frame. I lightly oil the front two and use white lithium grease (very slightly) on the rear points of the frame near the trigger. I have never had a problem. The grease does not wear off even under water.

I personally have not had any experience with the P228.
    I think the P250 might be one of the most underrated guns out on the market. The longer I own it, the more I like it. I sold my G-19 for it and never looked back. She is a real straight shooter

Sorry for not giving the ammo, still a rookie on here.

We were able to get some PMC Bronze 90grs. FMJ, supposedly one of the best.

I've been out of the country so haven't been able to do much and probably won't till next week.

Had already checked on the recall and her's didn't fall into it.

Quote Originally Posted by jreXD9 View Post
    I have gave it a reall good scrubbing and when I get back in town this weekend we're going to the range again. Hopefully that will be all it needs, if not I'll be on the phone Monday moring.

Sorry your having problems with your new sig.

I had a long and dreadfull experience with Sigs Customer Service,
    Sent a gun in for repair, 8 weeks latter got a call saying that it was not repairable, they would send me a new one.

New gun arrived and it was not even close to what i sent them, calliber was the only thing they got right. Sent it back

repeated inguires as to when correct gun would be shipped went unanswered.

Was told that it was my fault they sent the wrong gun, that i gave them wrong serial/model, HUH? they had the gun in their shop.

finially got them to call me, 3 weeks latter. They didnt know what to do about it. HUH?

Made an agreement that they would refund my money, two weeks later NOTHING.

They finially settled with the dealer that i bought the gun from and didn't even call me to let me know. the dealer had to do it. SIG CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS.

And YES I still have a Sig , P220 Carry Elite. just hope nothing goes wrong with it. I will pay for repairs myself before dealing with Sig.

Rant OFF.
    CCRIDER
    Kimber Compact CDP II, Sig 220 Carry Elite, Colt New Agent,

Sig Customer Service, Stinks!

"The more I know about people the more I like my dog."

You cleaned it, it isn't included on the recall, did anyone else shoot it at the range? The 238 is a small pistol, is it possible that you were limp wristing the pistol when firing?

Cool looking Sig, I have a Kershaw Leek in the same rainbow finish.

I do know that when you shoot the small .380 autos, you have to have a firm grip when firing or else you will end up limp wristing the pistol and causing it to malfunction every time.
    God bless our troops!

Do not email Sig. Call them and stay on hold until you talk to a live person. I'm currently waiting on a replacement 238
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by cohiba View Post
    Out of the first 6 rounds half did not fire when the hammer fell. Had to manually cock it refire, that worked most of the time. We went through 50 rounds today and would have to say that at least 20 times it failed to fire. Twice the slide locked open with rounds still in the clip.

Has anyone on here had similar problems?
    There were no failures to fire with my wife's P238 so far, with 50 rounds each of Prvi Partizan and Sellier & Bellot through it.
    The slide did lock open with 1 round remaining in the mag, at about the 17th round through it. I'm not sure, but I suspect she was riding the slide stop. The problem hasn't happened again.

PMC Bronze 90grs. FMJ,
    Same as I used. Mine fed flawlessly.
    It didn't matter if I loaded 6 in the mag, used the slide stop or racked the slide.
    I have 3 magazines (two from Top Gun Supply) and all are identical.
    Does your magazine follower have the "Ski Jump" shape or more rounded top.
    Mine are more rounded. I know they had problems with the pointy followers.

Also, when it fails to fire, is the slide all the way forward? None of the rod showing out of the front?
    The gun won't fire unless the slide is all the way closed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links