238 - did I make a mistake???

This is a discussion on 238 - did I make a mistake??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just put a 238 on layaway. i knew the problems it has but thought the recall and the new mags took care of it. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 238 - did I make a mistake???

238 - did I make a mistake???

I just put a 238 on layaway. i knew the problems it has but thought the recall and the new mags took care of it.

Now i see on the Sig forum that there seems to be alot of unhappy 238 owners. so what should I do ? Go thru with the deal or get some other pocket gun?

I had the LCP and it never fit my hand right. now I am thinking J frame or Kahr 380 - thoughts????

2. Remove Ads

take a look at the J-frames. They are reliable, concealable, and some models will shoot .357 mag.

I have the P238 and love the gun. What were some of the complaints?

Administrator
    Anytime you buy a new production gun, you are running the risk of problems. That is true no matter the gun or manufacture.

With the 238, it happens to be made by one of the better companys. If you do run into problems, there will be plenty of support. I wouldnt lose sleep over it.

If you like the gun, pay it off and enjoy it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

i bought one 2 weeks ago. fired 50 rounds no problems what so ever. I actually enjoyed the gun far more than i thought i would. Problem now is ammo. I have to buy some 380 brass @ an online auction or something in order to reload since there is a shortage of factory rounds to shoot.

I like my J frame. I looked at another one today. For some reason I have been wanting to get a 3 inch J frame or SP100. Just seems like a good size for all around carry or would do fine for small deer we have here. I don't think the extra inch would be that big deal, several of the holsters and speed loaders I already have would work.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Lots of grumbling lately about Sig quality going down the tubes on other boards that I frequent. Personally, I'd stay away from new ones. As for the P238....IMO, a single action semiauto pocket pistol is just a bad idea, period.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Usually those dissatified post on those forums. I have found that the most honest evaluations are made on this forum.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    Usually those dissatified post on those forums. I have found that the most honest evaluations are made on this forum.
    +1 It's true, people will go way out of their way to complain, especially on manufacturer-specific sites. This site at least holds some objectivity.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    I think it's a great little semi. My (now my wifes) 228 was my favorite 9mm and I still love a Sig. They are great, extremely dependable firearms. Like any other .380 I just don't trust the calibers power to penetrate a large persons vitals, especially in the winter when wearing wearing heavy clothing.

Beats carrying nothing but the least I'll carry for SD is a .38 special. I now have went back to packing my snub model 19 loaded with 357 158 gr. Speer Gold Dots with my old trusty model 36 with 158 gr. LSWC's as my BUG. I KNOW the .357 will reach the vitals with authority.

JMHO
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

If it's mechanical, it can have problems...if it's mechanical, it can be made 'whole' again. Fortunately you are with a reliable company...hang in there.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    That's because we are the smartest of all, Redbird!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    I was going to mention that the SIG forums are full of a bunch of whining babies, I honestly can't stand many of the people on that forum.

If your SIG is not railess and made in West Germany from 1980-90 then it's a piece of crap.

These are the same people who bash the new modular P250 after it won two golden bulls-eye awards including tactical handgun of the year! LOL... Many folks need to do more shooting and less posting.

They are great firearms and in my opinion are a notch above many other manufacturers.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

My P238 is a great lil gun. I purchased it before I heard about the recall. Sig fixed it in 7days including shipping both ways. Sig rocks and so does the P238.
    I don't think you've made a mistake.
    ( o=)==:::

I had feed/eject issues with mine....then I realized I hadn't cleaned it before I took it to the range. It got a good cleaning. Next trip to the range......NO ISSUES. Nothing but fun. Expensive fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links