Defensive Carry banner

The Boberg XR9

3K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  10thmtn 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I had them add me to their info list. Looks interesting, depending on the final overall size and weight. They told me target price is $849.

Like any new product, I would give it a year or so to get the bugs out.

#5 ·
That could be awesome. An alternative to Kahr, Kel-tec, Rohrbaugh. Price point is unfortunate. Somehow we justify dropping that on 1911's, but it looks horrendous for anything else. For that kinda jack, it better be dead nuts reliable.

I hope they get ALL the bugs worked out before it goes into production. (How many sales do you supposed Kahr and Kel-Tec lose to abounding horror stories??? Even after you weed out the operator error, the barrel peening, parts breakage, and general finickiness scare a lot of people off).

I'd like to see that puppy chambered in 45acp, and sized like a 3" 1911.

#7 ·
Looks interesting...They've still gotta way to go, before production...

#8 ·
Last I had heard, they hoped to have the first one's out end of this year, early next. I think it's an interesting concept, but like most, I'd wait a year or so and see what bugs arise.

#9 ·
Too complicated for a slight increase in veolocity. It is about the same size as the KelTecs, but heavier than the PF-9 with the same magazine capacity, and about as heavy as a P-11 loaded with 11 rounds. If you don't feel safe with hot loads in 9mm, then why not go with a Kahr 40S&W or 45ACP and skip this Rube Goldberg pistol.

Maybe if it fires trounds or gyro-jet cartridges I'll give it a look.

#16 ·
I think it's a really cool idea, but it would require a great deal of realignment in your thinking about a concealed carry gun. For one, the mechanism means you can't have the slide lock back on the last round, since the slide strips a round off the mag on the back stroke instead of when going forward.

#19 ·
Except that, if the slide did lock open, you would have to insert a new mag, release the slide, and then rack the slide again to chamber a round.

As it is, I do not think the slide locks open when empty. I do not see a slide lock lever on the gun.

If you compare it to a R9, or the .380's (LCP, P3at), then it isn't an issue, as none of those lock open when empty either. And revolvers, of course, don't tell you when they're empty either.

I agree, however, that the slide-lock when empty is an important feature. I don't understand why manufacturers of defensive pistols delete this feature in the name of...what? making the pistol a teeny bit smaller? cheaper? Not a good compromise to me.

It's one of the things that keeps me from getting a small LCP for myself (my wife has one), and keeps me with my Glock 26. Which isn't a bad thing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.