glock guns {kaboom}

This is a discussion on glock guns {kaboom} within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by NY27 I have had 3 Glocks as duty weapons throughout my LE career. 19, 17, and not the 23. No problems. There ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: glock guns {kaboom}

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    I have had 3 Glocks as duty weapons throughout my LE career. 19, 17, and not the 23. No problems.

There is not "fix" that Glock needs to do to their barrels. Just use new factory ammo and it'll be just fine.
    +1 there's the solid answer right there.

After plenty of research, that's the answer that kept popping up.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

The Glock "kB factor" is overrated internet hype.

Many thousands of rounds through Glocks in most calibers, and not a single problem.

I do have a good friend that had a 6:00 rupture with a G23; left a scorch mark on his finger, and that was about it. And yes, it was a reload...

Get yourself a Glock.
    Last edited by Cuda66; November 8th, 2009 at 10:05 AM.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

It's an AMMO issue, not a gun issue.

I have a 19, 23, 26, 30 36 and never had any problems and I have shot brass and steel cased out of them with no issue's they seem to like any ammo that I give em but as stated above its not the gun it's the ammo you fed it

I own Glocks and have not had any KBs. So, Glocks will keep finding their way into my collection.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Can someone please explain this "unsupported chamber" thing to me? I'm curious now.

Glock is second to none in reliability and I'll be the first to say it. I don't own one, but that's strictly because I'm a big fan of manual safeties.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

The only problem I've had with a Glock or any other pistol was ammo related . The brand I was using would sometimes have a extra hot round once in a while . I quit using that brand and have never had the problem sense.

Can someone please explain this "unsupported chamber" thing to me? I'm curious now.
    Next time you have the pistol broken down(if you have a glock) just take the barrel out and put a round into it. Turn the barrel upside down and you'll see a small area at the bottom that is exposed showing a small amount of brass. That's the area of concern. When weak brass is used that's where it happens.... Hence the Kaboom.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Recent Glocks also have more chamber support through a redesigned barrel.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. Richard Henry Lee 1788

with the glocks if you want to shoot cast lead reloads i would get an after market barrel, no matter the cal. factory ammo no problems with factory barrel.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Glocks, the world's most dependable gun.
    Get one, you won't be sorry.
    I had three Glock 19's "break" on me in a year and a half in Iraq. Glock's do not like sand at all. They become jam-o-matics in the fine sand. The Army's Sigs are so much more dependable. Nothing biased, just a fact.

I think as soon as folks get comfortable with the fact that when you fire a gun, you are holding a controlled explosion.
    Only then, will we understand and even more so, respect the boundaries of each guns limitations.

Would you put rocket fuel in your daily driver? Then expect it to run flawlessly year after year? JMO
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

During my years in IPSC and IDPA I watched 6 Glocks go Kaboom; In every case, the guns were 23s in .40 and in every case somebody was using reloads (jacketed bullets, no lead) and were trying to get that magical load that would get them one step closer to that higher classification. 2 of the barrels were aftermarket, the others were stock.

They did not understand that the real path to that "M" card is loading a consistent load within the design envelope of the cartridge and practice, practice practice!

Instead, they ended up ruining 6 guns permanently.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Next time you have the pistol broken down(if you have a glock) just take the barrel out and put a round into it. Turn the barrel upside down and you'll see a small area at the bottom that is exposed showing a small amount of brass. That's the area of concern. When weak brass is used that's where it happens.... Hence the Kaboom.
    Thanks. I don't have a Glock but I can envision what you're describing. So I suppose that in that small section where the brass is exposed, it won't contain the explosion if it's weak because the barrel isn't covering it?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by Robert2009 View Post
    i am wondering if any of u every had a kaboom in your glock ?
    i have read many articles on the internet about kbs and glock guns scare me.
    did glock fix the barrel issue on these guns ?
    i want to buy a glock 29 and i just dont want it to blow up in my hand

please give me your advise if i should buy a glock or not
    EVERY GLOCK OWNER SHOULD KNOW THIS!

Do Not Shoot Reloads (Weakened Brass)

GLOCK Warranty; The use of reloaded ammunition will void the Glock warranty.

If you want to shoot reload or lead ammo you should install an aftermarket barrel.

Do Not Shoot Reloads (Weakened Brass)

Glocks have an unsupported chamber.

First of all "unsupported chamber" is a misleading term: all barrels must support the round in the chamber. Furthermore, all guns that use the modified Browning action have _partially_ supported chambers. In order to make the Glock function reliably with the widest possible selection of ammunition it has a "less supported" chamber than other guns. This is why reloaded ammunition is not recommended in Glock pistols. If you choose to shoot reloads, please consider an aftermarket barrel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links