glock guns {kaboom}

This is a discussion on glock guns {kaboom} within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i am wondering if any of u every had a kaboom in your glock ? i have read many articles on the internet about kbs ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: glock guns {kaboom}

glock guns {kaboom}

i am wondering if any of u every had a kaboom in your glock ?
    i have read many articles on the internet about kbs and glock guns scare me.
    did glock fix the barrel issue on these guns ?
    i want to buy a glock 29 and i just dont want it to blow up in my hand

please give me your advise if i should buy a glock or not

2. Remove Ads

I've had a Glock 27 since 1997 and have fire thousands of rounds through it. Never had ANY issue with it. Not everything you read on the internet is true.

I have carried and used Glocks since 1985, including reloads. No problems yet.

But then again I don't run my handloads to the max and I use factory ammo for SD

I've never had a KB with any gun, the glocks that seemed to have a problem were the 40 calibres but if you are that afraid,they make aftermarket barrels with supported chambers,also the 40 is a high pressure round,and I've shot some Border Patrol issue stuff that seemed hotter than any stuff I bought off the shelf
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Bought my first Glock in 1988, never had a problem...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

using factory ammo you have no reason to expect your Glock to do anything other than operate as designed. The chamber is "unsupported" and that is part of what makes Glocks to reliable. I think there are better platforms out there, but do own a Glock myself - in fact i want another one. if it is what you like, then go for it.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Other brands of pistols have had KBs as well. Just visit the gunzone.com. I've had one KB out of all my Glocks past or present, and it was a case failure on factory reloaded ammo in the 9mm in my G17 maybe eight years ago. Burned my index finger a bit, and blew the magazine out. I still have that G17, and I put a couple hundred rounds on some steel today, just like I do every month. Just get a Glock and feed it new factory ammo.
    Welcome to the forum!

Glock rules

YUp, Glock rocks. THere might be better, but they are also more complex, more expensive and just as probable to fail. Glock kicks!

NO reloads, and NO unjacketed lead bullets. NO problems.

Amazing what happens when you read and heed the manual...

Several thousand rounds through my G19, hundreds through my G26. No such issues.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Glocks, the world's most dependable gun.
    Get one, you won't be sorry.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

What isn't told is the comparison scale. Adding up military, police and civilian ownership around the world the amount of Glocks out there is staggering! Because of the mass numbers it may seem Glocks have problems but talk to career gunsmiths and ask how many 1911's and Smith revolvers they have seen KB and/or mechanical problems verses Glock. ALL makes have failures for many reasons and as noted in the previous post most are traced back to operator errors but on a balanced comparison scale Glock is mighty good.

Its been my finding that malfunctions are usually owner fault. As in not taking care of or visually inspecting the firearm. They need maintenance just like an automobile. You should oil them check operation etc. I would think If you take care of and inspect your firearm you shouldn't have problems.

MJK
    I agree with jem102 - the large population of Glocks in service provides greater exposure to failure, so the number of failures are going to be larger than for makes that do not have the market penetration of Glock. From what I've been able to surmise, KB's are quite rare. Use jacketed projectiles and stay within SAAMI pressure limits and you'll be fine.

Does anyone have a source for credible failure data on Glocks and other brands? I'm sure the manufacturers do, but they are probably not willing to share this info with the shooting community.

I have had 3 Glocks as duty weapons throughout my LE career. 19, 17, and not the 23. No problems.

There is not "fix" that Glock needs to do to their barrels. Just use new factory ammo and it'll be just fine.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    From 2001-2004 I had a G19, and I put about 5k rounds a year through it and never had one issue, no KB, no jams, no misfeeds, it was 100% reliable. I did take care of it, cleaned and lubed it after nearly every time shooting it. I would shoot a box or 2 a week at the range, and a few times a year we would go to my inlaws and I would shoot a as much as I could.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links