Defensive Carry banner

what i love about this ccw

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  srfl 
#1 ·
this gun is amazing. it is relatively small, has a number of safeties, will tuck into an IWB or just between me and my belt. it is accurate for a small handgun.

it packs a respectable sized bullet and will hold up to 17 rounds depending on the magazine i select. it is easily broken down and is not hard to clean. it feels good in the hand, does not have significant felt recoil, and allows me to double tap with ease.

it is fairly inexpensive to shoot but not the cheapest one could get. it came with a preformed holster that is worthless as a OWB but is great to contain the handgun when not in another holster and at my bedside.

this gun is not perfect but is a well known, well respected firearm made by a well respected company and is very well made. this gun like many will accept a number of different sized loads and is considered by the gun community to sport the best reliable feeding round in the world.

what is this firearm i speak of?:image035:

#5 ·
good input gang. it is the XD-9 subcompact.

it is the most comfortable handgun i've ever experienced. the grip is near perfection. the perceived recoil is comfortable. the aim is natural.

i don't take away from any other firearm out there with my comments because God knows, we have a wealth to choose from, thank God and the Bill of Rights for that, but this one has become my side arm. not just a gun in the bag or on the hip, but my side arm.

it is intimate i guess.

thanks for playing along.

#7 ·
ShowMeState1977 said:
jclif, if you don't mind me askin...what is your build? I'm a large fella at 6' 300lbs. I'm trying to figure out what gun I want to get for when I get my ccw soon. I'm not sure I want to carry around my full size Beretta 92 due to comfort reasons.
Ill jump in as im at 6' 300# and can say ive carried the xd9 sc to 1911 fullsize to hk glock fullsize all depends how you dress and holsters right now everyday carry is a glock 20 fullsize 10mm

#9 ·
I am 6'1" tall and tip the scales around 210. I consider my build to be a mix. I have a normal trunk with some blubber around it. I have bird legs and stick arms. i also have my share of neck matter aka i can look like a turkey at times with all my gobbler. the description here sounds awfully honest but i'm really ok and ok with it for a 45 year old guy.

funny story. my 9 yo daughter came up to me while my wife was within earshot. i guess i was acting the fool or trying to be dashing. the little girl squares me off and says "daddy, you're not good looking." me, without missing a beat said "i used to be." needless to say, my wife and i were rolling on the floor with laughter while she stood wondering what was so funny.

it's usually not boring with kids in the house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.