G26 got a facelift (pics) - Page 3

G26 got a facelift (pics)

This is a discussion on G26 got a facelift (pics) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow, that is a beautiful one of a kind Glock! The stippling is perfecto! And very cool looking as well as functional. I'm not normally ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G26 got a facelift (pics)

Wow, that is a beautiful one of a kind Glock! The stippling is perfecto! And very cool looking as well as functional.

I'm not normally into stainless slides... Just a personal preference, however that is a very nice and melded slide that lone wolf produces and it is striking on your gun!

I would pay top dollar for that gun right there! Excellent job!

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    Exactly! A prosecutor would have a field day with that little detail.
    I don't know. What if it were an American flag and he shot an immigrant, illegal or otherwise? What if the prosecutor found out he attended one of those scary "Tea Party" events? Would that be evidence of nationalistic sentiment and bias against "foreigners?"

Seems like any flag could be misinterpreted. I like it, and the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia is an oft-misused and misunderstood symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    How did you do the stippling ?
    +1 Yes.. I'm very interested in the method used too.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Nice work

Try using a different color back drop. It will show the details of the gun better.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

thanks for the feedback everyone.

as far as the stippling goes: i have a digital radioshack soldering iron that i can set at different temps with a very fine round tip...
    i stippled it once and found i didnt like the pattern, i stippled again in a more random pattern and then after i was happy with the pattern i sanded it down with various grits untill the sharp high spots were all even, and then used flame to remelt and even it all up... the nice thing is its plastic so if you screw up you can always go back and do it again.

as far as the flag goes... if a prosecutor thinks that flag has to do with racism or slavery he/she obviously needs a history lesson... its too bad the school system, history books and racist's have brainwashed americans into believing this BS.

but this is a defensive carry forum so i will get back on topic.

thanks for the feedback and i'm about to go into the city to possibly find a new 1911 and try and apply for a apprentice gunsmithing job because i love doing this kind of stuff.

I personally see nothing wrong with displaying your opinions, thoughts, or beliefs on your weapon but I guess I can see where it may bring negative attention when you least want it if you ever have to defend yourself in court, however, anything else we do as proponents of the 2nd amendment could cause the same effect, such as a couple of subscriptions to the gun rags, multiple guns, repeated range use…etc.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

i actually brought this up at my local dealer today...
    the 2 guys behind the counter and the 3 LEOs that were in the store all gave me the same answer about if this gun was used in a defensive situation with the flag.
    they all told me "dude... you live in VA!" then one of the officers said "that would be like a prosecutor using the county police patch on my arm against me since it has a battle flag"
    its a recognized american military flag so i dont see how it can be used against me...

this is an interesting topic indeed lol

Great conversation, but lets not let it overshadow what a nice shop you did making it "your own"....seriously, nice job, you have some talent and a great eye.....look forward to your "next project" whatever it may be!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Very nice looking, i love the stippling (very pro looking) & the 2 tone effect makes it pop. Looks different from other Gocks & different is good in my opinion....nice job
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

I wouldn't underestimate your work...nice job!
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

That looks really nice. Good job!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Wow, great job sir. You should be well pleased with your work. It is every bit as nice as any professional's work. Very nice.
    Flagaman

thank you for those comments i really appreciate it.

for those of you who like the stipple job here is some more pr0n pics

enjoy.
    Last edited by machine gun; November 14th, 2009 at 01:28 AM. Reason: added pics

nice.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

That looks very professional. I'm not usually much for the a Glock's appearance, but the combination of uniform stippling, long base pad, and the nicely shaped slide with slanted grooves really improve it.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links