I think I finally found my excuse to buy a snubbie

This is a discussion on I think I finally found my excuse to buy a snubbie within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have a SW 442 on the way. Just waiting on the silly 7-10 background check here in MD....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I finally found my excuse to buy a snubbie

Have a SW 442 on the way. Just waiting on the silly 7-10 background check here in MD.

2. Remove Ads

Thank you for your service
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

The stainless-steel Smith & Wesson Model 60 is so shhhinnnnyyyyy!!!

Get a J frame and Smart Carry. As long as your pants aren't too tight, you can pack that little snubby and a speed strip and keep your shirt tucked in, to boot.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mm10mmamen View Post
    Get a J frame and Smart Carry. As long as your pants aren't too tight, you can pack that little snubby and a speed strip and keep your shirt tucked in, to boot.
    I was pushin' it with the pants...apparently they shrunk a bit at the dry cleaner

Ball was off base. Had a good time. Ross Perot was our guest speaker. Buckeye, you need to get your ass to the ball next year! Definitely something you gotta do at least once in your enlistment.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I was pushin' it with the pants...apparently they shrunk a bit at the dry cleaner
    Buckeye, you need to get your ass to the ball next year! Definitely something you gotta do at least once in your enlistment.
    Damn right. I always had the same problem, no matter which cleaners did it!

Get to the ball. No greater way to appreciate the Marines that preceeded you than to continue the traditions and be part of the traditions. Do it once and you will do it again. If money is tight, see the SgtMajor/Company Gunny, they will always have a pot of money to help you attend.

Semper fi, Marines.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Shrinking pants have been a problem for me as well. Don't know how they do that, just hanging in the closet. But, that's another plus for dark slacks, they don't show the bulge of the Smart Carry and the 642.

And, if the right lady notices, it could be an unexpected plus ... (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post

Ball was off base. Had a good time. Ross Perot was our guest speaker. Buckeye, you need to get your ass to the ball next year! Definitely something you gotta do at least once in your enlistment.
    Amazing how they always do that, glad you had a good time. Its not that I don't wanna go to a ball. But in 07 I was in SOI, in 08 I was in Iraq (at least I got some beer), and in 09 my unit didn't have one because it was during pre-deployment leave. Next year I should be able to make it to one, unless my upcoming pump gets extended by several months.

Edited since I saw this from Chorizo
    Get to the ball. No greater way to appreciate the Marines that preceeded you than to continue the traditions and be part of the traditions. Do it once and you will do it again. If money is tight, see the SgtMajor/Company Gunny, they will always have a pot of money to help you attend.
    It's not money or anything, its been because of my units deployment schedule. And with all due respect sir, I think that spending the Birthday in a hostile land surrounded by a bunch of my best friends is a way to continue and honor the traditions of those before us. But I really do want to get to a ball as well.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Pocket holsters are really slick....can't beat a Nemesis. I also like ankle rigs....use one on occasion.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

SEMPER PARATUS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links