Defensive Carry banner

LCR..Any reports from the "field"

3K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Armydad 
#1 ·
Looked at the LCR AGAIN. If you remember I was interested in one then saw it in person and NOT as much. Well, I looked at it on Saturday, and maybe I'm wrong. It has a great trigger and in my mind in a 5 shot BUG that's the bottom line. Let me know your experiences those of you who own one. I need to be convinced!!:smile:

#2 ·
I carry the LCR all the time on my ankle and love it. Great trigger pull, great weight, the composite grip really lessens the recoil of the gun overall. Some people have mentioned a slight jingle (very slight) with the gun when you shake it (becomes an issue if you wear it on your ankle and walk around with it on). Don't plan on carrying it when you're doing any covert operations. :)

Great gun. I've put about 500 or 600 rounds through mine and love it.

#3 ·
Thanks! Anybody else packin' an LCR ??

#4 ·
I shot one a month ago and plan n buying one this Christmas holiday if Santa is good to me :)

#7 ·
I've got one. Love the trigger. Nice piece. I put the Crimson Trace Lasergrips on mine just because I like the CT Lasers. My word of advice is "don't" if you're going to put many +Ps through it. I never shot it with the stock grips, but with the CTs and +Ps, my description is "punishing". I was glad when I ran out of that ammo. I still like it, going to keep it and the CTs, but no more +P for me (for much practice).

#8 ·
I just switched from the Hogue grips to the Crimson Trace Lasers and in MY opinion, it made the revo a tad smaller & lighter than when I first purchased it with Hogue's. I carry mine in my front pocket with no problems. As far as rattling sounds, I don't hear any when I'm going about my daily business. After reading several post which spoke on the rattling sounds and compared to mine, I hear no sounds. Even when I practice drawing, nothing.

I am still learning my LCR, but as far as trigger pull, in my opinion it is light and has a good break. I know how much pressure to put on trigger before it rotates the wheel. Headed to the range this week to see if it's a bg difference between the two sets of grips (I debated heavily on getting the laser). Today I called about the Big Dot night sight and was told check back in 2-3 weeks (but I was also told that last month)…so between now and the 1st of the year there should be a night sight for the LCR. Overall, this revolver suits my needs.

#9 ·
Hey, it is six shot and "plus one" if you want, for a total of seven.
Picked up a slighlty used one the other day, in like new condition. Put over 50 rounds thru it after inspection and cleaning. It is total quality and worthy of carry.
Get one and don't look back. It will be your "always" gun!

#12 ·
Without a doubt, the Ruger LCR has the best out-of-the-box trigger amongst the small frame revolvers. My wife cannot keep a steady hand with any S&W snubbie, since the heavy trigger pull causes her hands to shake. She can shoot the LCR like a past master.

Bottom line:

Better trigger = Better shot placement! This is a universal fact whether you are talking about snubbies, sniper rifles or anything in between.

#18 ·
Anyone else have the "severe flame cutting" issue? That seems terrible, especially for only having seen 500rds.

#19 ·
The only revolvers I have ever heard showing flame cutting that bad with so few of rounds were super high velocity. I would certianly be curious about what brand of have ammo he was using. This has always been a concern for alloy framed revolvers that do not have a top strap shield, but I have never heard of a problem that bad from a 38 spl.

#25 ·
The stock grip has some kind of plastic gel inside.
They might lessen recoil to a degree, but seemed to hang up on my clothing
much more than the CTs.

As for the flame-cutting guns. Ruger seems to have addressed such.

My LCR will (does) get carried most waking hours.
I doubt if it will get shot very much at all, and probably no +Ps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.