Defensive Carry banner

10mm 1911 CCW?

7K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  earlthegoat2 
#1 ·
I am a fan of 10mm and now 1911 and was curious if there were any good carry options in this combo?

#6 ·
Colt Delta Elite or if you would prefer Glock they have a pretty nice 10mm as well. (I cant believe I said that...Never was a glock man)
~Steve

#7 ·
I have a Colt Delta Elite, that I carried as a duty weapon back in the 80's...still shoots great but it sits in my safe now and only gets shot every so often... It has sentimental value...

They're great guns, shoot softer than you would think...

#10 ·
10mm in a 1911 is a very potent combination but be aware that you MUST keep the recoil springs replaced regularly or damage will occur. The original Colt models used two recoil springs. I have seen a number of these guns that had severe battering simply because the owners didn't keep up with spring wear. I would also consider running a shok buff in these guns (and inspecting it every time you clean the gun) as insurance against frame and barrel lug damage.

#11 ·
There's a guy around here known as Musketeer that's been carrying a Delta since the early 1990s, when I was a junior deputy apprentice gunsmith assistant. We used Wolff springs, a Harts guide rod, and Wilson Shok Buffs. With a lot of firing of real 10mm loads (I gave him a box of Norma 200gr for Christmas) it's still a fine CCW choice.

#12 ·
Real genuwine Norma 10mm loads? That must have been fun to watch. I think I'd run TWO shok buffs for that load. That would be a very serious CCW. I saw a guy shoot an IPSC match once with that level of gun and ammo. He said, "D'ya think these"ll make major?" I said "Yeah, it'll probably vaporize the chrono."

#14 ·
I carry my Colt Delta Elite sometimes. If you go with a 10mm stock up on ammo when you can. If you load your own not a problem. Lot of the factory ammo is loaded down to about 40 cal specs. Good gun and good round. It is what I would want with me if the SHTF.

#15 ·
I am considering buying a Ted Blocker "Lifeline" shoulder rig. (This was the original shoulder holster Don Johnson used in the first two seasons of Miami Vice.) It is made of top-grain cowhide, all metal hardware and is fully adjustable. I could see myself using this rig for my DW Razorback.

These run about $159.00 per holster, harness and dual offside magazine pouches (as well as two removable tie downs for BOTH sides of the holster, if you wish to use them.)

Ted Blocker Holsters

9438 SW Tigard Street
Tigard, Oregon 97233.

(503) 670-7972
(800) 650-9742

These are great for all-day wear and conceal easily under any jacket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.