XD 40sc vs Glock 27 vs M&P 40c

This is a discussion on XD 40sc vs Glock 27 vs M&P 40c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im looking at obtaining a new pistol for carry and can't make up my mind. maybe with some feedback it can help in my position ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: XD 40sc vs Glock 27 vs M&P 40c

Im looking at obtaining a new pistol for carry and can't make up my mind. maybe with some feedback it can help in my position in locating a new carry.

I own the G27 and XD40sc, and have only handled the M&P at the shop.

I carry the G27 because I find it to be a bit more compact than the XD. The XD seems a little wider. Even with the mag extension I conceal the glock better.

I normally carry the G27 in a Comp Tac at 2:00 with tucked shirt and pleated slacks.

There are many factors to be considered. Good luck.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I like the XD series for their cocked status indicator, and very good round chambered indicator (don't know the technical terms). I LOVE the Glock for the simple fact that you pull it, point it at your target, and commence to squeezing the trigger, no muss, no fuss. You can use the Glock 27 as is for EDC, you can put a mag extension on it for under 10 bucks, you can buy a nifty +1 mag with pinky groove, you can use 23 and 22 mags in it, you can shoot it with a longer barrel, and all of these things are very affordable. My vote always goes to Glock for an all around pistol. I like the 27 because it is versatile. All you have to do is buy a couple of extra things. I was carrying my G23C...now am EDC G27. It is a wonderful carry piece. I highly recommend it.

Thanx im trying to decide. i love the xd and its feel in my hands, which so does the m&p. the glock feels a little too big in my palm. with the m&p im worried it has possible relations to the sigma having a lot of problems,so i've heard. so im just in a blank. which me being shot and less than 180 lbs makes a carry solution a lot harder

I would suggest that you go to the range and rent them all and shoot them (unless this isn't an option in your area). I forgot to mention that personally I like the trigger pull of the Glock better than the S&W and the XD.

Go with the one that feels the best to you.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I fired my buddy's glock 45 service and it was very accurate at 25 yards and have fired my coworkers taurus mill pro 111 after 300 rounds i my palm started to ache and cramp from it just not being comfortable. the good thing is me working on the road. so i have more chances to find a range

i just know i won't carry a charter arms southpaw .38. my coworker bought it new and within 40 rnds he had 4 miss fires and then the ejector rod and crane fell apart.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    All three are great guns. For me the XD is the winner. I love the features that it has, I find it to be a great shooter, fun to shoot.

Best bet is to shoot them (find a range with rental guns).
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

great thing about all three is i havent heard any negative going through here. every time i go to different shops i find something else. so grantted i need to rent all three and test them out.

what would yall suggest for DA?

We're talking about CCW here, not a shoot all day at the range kind of gun. In my opinion, the Glock 27 is the best choice and the one I went with. Scuba mentioned the loaded chamber indicator on the XD but the modern Glocks also have those now as well. My G27 conceals very well, is deadly accurate, has a good balance and has not had a failure in its 750+ rounds so far. Your choices obviously fall into a good selection of quality. Just shoot them as much as possible before making your decision unless you move things along with the correct decision and get the Glock.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Glock 27 is my carry piece. I have an XD45 compact as my bedside weapon. I can tell you that the Glock and XD will do you proud. Just pick the one that fits you the best.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Go Glock!!! What ScubaDuba said+ no shiney stainless steel mags that reflect like a mirror. XD is losing a lot of sales because of their shiney mags.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    XD is losing a lot of sales because of their shiney mags.
    That's a new one on me... I would never not buy a gun because it has stainless mags...That sounds like a gun shop rumor, because the guys outta XD's....
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links