Defensive Carry banner

New user, new gun.

3K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  gottabkiddin 
#1 ·
Well i finally bought a pistol for strict CC use, (after lurking this forum for a good long time) and also my first new (not used) pistol i ever purchased.

Went in looking for a 250$ kel-tec, left with an 800$ colt ;)

Not used to having something new, so i kinda feel bad about the slide hold lever and pin being scratched up already but i guess id better get used to it.

Havnt heard much about this gun, but it felt like a winner.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey koop-- Welcome to the forum (offically not a lurker anymore)!!!!! :wave:

That pistol looks pretty sweet to me, I've heard great things about Colt .45's on this forum and elsewhere. Now get some training in with it and it'll serve you well as your EDC.

Congrats, and again welcome.

#7 ·
Colt, S&W, and Glock are winners in my book. Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to DC! By the way, very nice choice of CC piece the Colt new agent is a nice little handgun, in my opinion worth every penny. PRACTICE and enjoy.
~Steve

#11 · (Edited)
Another welcome.

Much better choice on the Colt over the Kel-Tec IMO! Like upgrading from a Yugo to a Mustang GT. Much more power with the .45. I personally won't own or carry anything less than a 9mm for SD.

I've included a link to a review on your pistol. Make sure you practice ALOT with it if it's your first 1911 and thoroughly break it in with 200 rounds of your carry ammo after running 500 rounds of ball through it. That is always my minimum for any semi I'm relying my life on. There is a link to Wolff Springs in the review if you start having problems with it. Mr. Wolff himself will guide you in the right direction IF you do.

Congrats and stay safe!

Xavier Thoughts: Colt New Agent: Range Report

#17 ·
The Colt is a MUCH better choice than the Kel-Tec.

You did good.

#21 ·
Very nice!! There is always a first time for everything... Welcome!

#23 ·
Welcome to DC.

Went in for a $250 pistol and came out with a Colt... Man where were you when I was in sales.:bier:

Seriously, you have a fine weapon there. Make sure to get plenty of trigger time on the new Colt, both for yourself and the pistol. The three Colts I purchased in my days needed some breakin for reliability and function. FWIW

GBK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.