Defensive Carry banner

Any of you .380 fans see one of these yet?

4K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  Bassetdad 
#1 ·
Kinda "Glockish", supposedly made by a couple of guys who used to work for Kel-Tec

Diamondback Site

*mods-if this has been posted before (did a quick search and didn't see it) feel free to lock/delete this thread

See less See more
#2 ·
Yea, just a tad "glockish". I've been thinking of getting a Kel-tec .32 in basic black.
1. .32 auto is actually available, unlike .380
2. Glock doesn't make one small enough for pocket carry

#3 ·
That looks like it could have some good potential. I'd like to find one to check out first though. I'd rather see it in a 9mm though, but it looks like it could be a good option for a small pocket pistol.

GBK

#5 ·
Certainly a nice looking pistol that COULD have some potential, but I would never buy an 'off' brand firearm without it having been 'out on the market' and being 'proven' over time. OMOYMV

#6 ·
My wife & I saw one at the last gun show. She was intrigued since it resembled her Glock. I'd be curious to hear any reviews on it as well. It was around $300.

It field strips like the Glock.....

#7 ·
Just what we need another 380 to choose from? Why take a chance on a unproven platform when there are plenty of quality pistols out there in 380acp? I think these guys would have been much better off if they would have built a small compact 9mm, not as many of them to choose from. Then put a few out there for some third party testing. Could be another Glock or could be another Davis Industries.

NCH

#8 ·
My suggestion: It might be a fantastic and perfectly functioning firearm but, if it's being made by a small and new/budding/unknown company - Buy all of your extra magazines and a complete spare parts kit at the same time that you purchase the firearm.....because you may not be able to find anything available for that gun two or three or five years down the road.

Looks like a nice high quality firearm though and based on the description on their site it's got good, modern manufacture.
Precision machined from billet - hardened 4140 Barrel & Slide. Glass reinforced polymer frame.

If it's a high quality firearm that functions well then I wish them much success.
It takes some real entrepreneurial guts to open up a manufacturing business these days and in this crappola economy.
That's some good American Pioneer Spirit. :usflag:

#9 · (Edited)
not a lot here but someboday with some experience with one...

Diamondback DB380 pistol? - Topic Powered by Eve Community

it looks like a better pair of sights than the micro 380s usually have...whether theres a great deal of value in that or not with a short range defense gun it does show a bit of attention to detail...and being former kel tec employees they might want to be showing off some improvements rather than just trying to cash in...i dont know how anyone could really build a "cheap" version of a kel tec...they really are about as frill devoid as you can get and far from a high quality fun to shoot firearm...but they have their place...

#10 ·
Well, I own a KelTec .380 and based on the one photo that I saw of a Kel-Tec kaboom w/ the slide metal folded out - the Kel-Tec slide is not hardened.
So that is one improvement right there.
Magazines look to be mfged by MecGar - so that is good. :yup:

BETTER & MORE DETAILED SERIES OF PHOTOS HERE + SIZE COMPARISON TO THE P-3AT.
Here da link...http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1256091187/0

#11 ·
Seeing the insides I'd say for sure very Glock like.. IMO, it actually looks like it could be a winner, as far as a pocket .380. Still wish designers would focus on the subcompact 9mms though, better market IMO.

GBK

#13 ·
I had one in my hands yesterday. It looks and feels like it well made. If Glock, Kahr and KelTec and offspring, this is what it would be.

Rumor is, Kahr makes the internals on it. It looked as if that rumor is true when I took it apart, but I cant say with certainty.

It felt good, balanced nice but I havent shot one yet. Other than that, I'd take the above posters advice and let somebody else's money be the guinea pig.

#18 ·
Can't speak for the reliability of the information but I did read somewhere (can't remember where) that the company plans on doing a 9mm, depending on the sucess of this first.

The post also commented that the reason they went with a 380 instead of a 9 was due to the current popularity of 380 pocket pistols (ammo availability aside).

I'm not sure if I'd want one or not, but then again, I've yet to see one in person.

I had one in my hands yesterday.
I'd take the above advice and let somebody else's money be the guinea pig.
Six,
How much was the asking price on the one you saw?

#16 ·
SIXTO. "Rumor is, Kahr makes the internals on it."
that's interesting.
A very Glock-like little pistol made by former Kel-Tec people with internals by Kahr and a Mec-Gar magazine. :biggrin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.