CZ-82 As CCW

This is a discussion on CZ-82 As CCW within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking to purchase a CZ-82 pistol with my 03 FFL. Does anyone utilize this pistol as a CCW. Any input would be welcomed. God Bless!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ-82 As CCW

CZ-82 As CCW

Looking to purchase a CZ-82 pistol with my 03 FFL. Does anyone utilize this pistol as a CCW. Any input would be welcomed.
    God Bless!
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

2. Remove Ads

It's a bit heavy, but a well designed, accurate reliable weapon.

I think for what it is, it is a bit heavy, although it has a higher capacity than most other pistols of its caliber.

CZ makes fine weapons, and the 82's are probably one of the better deals out there these days for semi-auto pistols.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    I'd have no problem carrying one for a defensive weapon. Not sure what kind of availability there is for Makarov defensive ammo. If you can find a reliable HP round that it will feed consistently it should give you a little better punch than .380. Might check out Silver Bear ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I'd have no problem carrying one for a defensive weapon. Not sure what kind of availability there is for Makarov defensive ammo. If you can find a reliable HP round that it will feed consistently it should give you a little better punch than .380. Might check out Silver Bear ammo.
    AIM Silver Bear 9x18 94grn HP Silver Bear 9x18 94grn HP

AimSurplus currently has the Silver Bear HP ammo, at not too bad of a price. Don't know about how well it feeds or anything else, they also have 82's for about $220.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I carried a CZ83 (w/PT Nites) in .380 (Hydra-Shocks) then a CZ83 in 9mm MAK (Hornady XTPs) before the RAMI was developed.

One particular dark night in Idaho. We had a bunch of family show up, and I gave up my bed in favor of sleeping in the 5th wheel that was located in the work shop lot some 1/4 mile away.

I took my dog and my CZ83 in .380.

Was awoken at nearly 3 AM by some vehicles. They were Deputies in search of an escaped prisoner.

I'm sure that the See-Zed and 13 rounds of JHP aboard (with a spare mag from my pocket ) would have sufficed if I had to shoot that night, or any night.

=============================================
    http:/www.angelfire.com/id/projectsafestarsap/cz83.html
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    I carry one now, IWB. Completely reliable. Very accurate. Points like a finger. Ammo is easier to find than .380.
    My wife bought it for me as a present, and I just used it as a range gun till I sold my other pistols. Now it's my daily.
    Even as I buy other primary sidearms again, I'm sure it will stay in the rotation.
    The only minus is having to thumb the hammer down to carry it DA/SA.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Available.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    I carried a CZ83 (w/PT Nites) in .380 (Hydra-Shocks) then a CZ83 in 9mm MAK (Hornady XTPs) before the RAMI was developed.

One particular dark night in Idaho. We had a bunch of family show up, and I gave up my bed in favor of sleeping in the 5th wheel that was located in the work shop lot some 1/4 mile away.

I took my dog and my CZ83 in .380.

Was awoken at nearly 3 AM by some vehicles. They were Deputies in search of an escaped prisoner.

I'm sure that the See-Zed and 13 rounds of JHP aboard (with a spare mag from my pocket ) would have sufficed if I had to shoot that night, or any night.

=============================================
    http:/www.angelfire.com/id/projectsafestarsap/cz83.html
    Thanks for directing me to the CZ forum. I'm sure to get all the info and opinions I need on obtaining a new CZ-82

Quote Originally Posted by Rmac58 View Post
    Available.
    Great to see that they make non-Import self-defense ammo for the gun with brass!

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    They are fantastic pistols for the money! More potent than a .380 and hold plenty of ammo that's still available at a decnt price. I have 2 on order!

If you need a holster call Eric at HBE Specialty LW's. He's a CZ fanatic and his Pro TL is just the ticket for this model.

You won't regret buying it!
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    I carry one now, IWB. Completely reliable. Very accurate. Points like a finger. Ammo is easier to find than .380.
    My wife bought it for me as a present, and I just used it as a range gun till I sold my other pistols. Now it's my daily.
    Even as I buy other primary sidearms again, I'm sure it will stay in the rotation.
    The only minus is having to thumb the hammer down to carry it DA/SA.
    What type of holster do you use for IWB carry? That is the way I will mosy likely carry mine.

VIP Member
    If your interested in after market grips, check out this guy:

Marschalgrips.com

Good price and excellent service. I have his grips on my CZ RAMI, P-01 and P-06. Wifes RAMI and CZ 75 Compact also wear them.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWFD View Post
    What type of holster do you use for IWB carry? That is the way I will mosy likely carry mine.
    Right now I'm using a Desbian's IWB. I believe you can find Rhome listed here. If not, I'll try to look him up for you.

Also check out the thread "under rated carry guns" Some folks turned me onto other fits too, but I can't remember what they were, and the thread is bookmarked on another computer.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I sometimes carry a Polish P-64 (9x18) and it is flat as a pancake and built like a tank. I was going to get a CZ but just about the time I was on a C&R roll I had some other expenses come onto the scene. I picked up two P-64's, one from Centerfire Systems, Inc. - Your Home For Ammo, Firearms, Magazines, and Gun Accessories and the other from J&G Sales and both were $150.00 each. The one from J&G Sales was NOS and packed in heavy cosmoline and likely only fired 38 years ago for its function test at the factory. the other was lightly worn but very tight. Both are great pistols.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links