Beretta 92fs Compact

This is a discussion on Beretta 92fs Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What Are Your Opinions, Insights On The Compact 92fs?? These Have Caught My Eye And I Wondered What Experiences People Have Had With Them. Any ...

Thread: Beretta 92fs Compact

Beretta 92fs Compact

What Are Your Opinions, Insights On The Compact 92fs?? These Have Caught My Eye And I Wondered What Experiences People Have Had With Them. Any Info Would Be Great!!
    Thanks...

2. Remove Ads

erh
    Quote Originally Posted by NFEDERIC
    What Are Your Opinions, Insights On The Compact 92fs?? These Have Caught My Eye And I Wondered What Experiences People Have Had With Them. Any Info Would Be Great!!
    Thanks...
    I have only known a couple of folks w/ them. 1 guy swore by his; the 2nd sold it as "Somewhat" too large for comfort. I have a passion for"Pocket Pistols!" Trained many folks w/ the great 'Ol M9 (92FS); was absolutely a great "Large Battle Pistol!"; as 9mm's go...

Can't be a bad thing..!
    Eric Howland
    Savannah, GA.

VIP Member
    My first Beretta was an Italian-made 92F Compact....I purchased it for a song ($325) with four 13-round magazines. It became a CCW piece after I left NJ and moved to FL. If given a choice, I would have carried this gun instead of my (then) duty SIGARMS P228. I shot the 92FC better than the P228.

If you haven't tried one...seek out and shoot the eight-round version of this great gun, the 92FC Type M. I own one of those too (also made in Italy, instead of here in the USA...not that where it's made makes a difference in performance).

Both guns are regrettably discontinued....which is a shame. They are outstanding guns. Beretta's "replacement" for these guns, the Cougar 8000F Type L and 8000 (F/G/D) Mini Cougar, were also fine guns....and discontinued. ARRRGGHHH!

Hopefully, Beretta will produce compact versions of their Px4 and 90-Two.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I've So Far Only Seen These On Gunbroker Typically For Around $450-550. Have Never Seen Even A Used One In Any Local Gunshops. Would Love To Buy One If Anyone Has One They Might Not Mind Parting With. P.m. Me If You Do.

I carry a 92D Compact Type-M, hich is the DAO version of the 8 round model srfl mentioned. To me it is the ideal carry gun, so much so that last week I bought a second just like it. Accurate as heck, easy to shoot, and the single stack 9mm mags slip easily in a pocket.

VIP Member
    I don't much care for the DAO Berettas (despite owning two: a 92D Centurion with a magazine safety as mentioned on your other thread NFEDERIC, and a 8045D Mini Cougar)....while they have very smooth trigger pulls, they are relatively heavy tiring my whole hand after just 100 rounds of so.

But others like Garg love them so take your pick between a TDA or DAO Beretta....either way the quality is primo.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Links