Sig Customer Service

Sig Customer Service

This is a discussion on Sig Customer Service within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I started a thread a few months ago about my new P238 purchase. The thread can be viewed here. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...y-cricket.html The short story is it's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Customer Service

Sig Customer Service

I started a thread a few months ago about my new P238 purchase. The thread can be viewed here.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...y-cricket.html

The short story is it's been a month since Sig told me they were sending a replacement gun. Evidently they can't take the time to box one up and ship it to my FFL. UPS isn't on strike. Dealers have them in stock. People are still buying them. Why can't they replace mine ? I have emailed sig customer service twice over the course of the last month trying to get some info. Neither email was answered. Not even an excuse. This isn't what I would call customer service from one of the best in the business. I'm now out over $600.00 and completely at their mercy as to when I will get a replacement. I've done my best to get info from my local dealers and they all say this is the "new" sig. Tonight I emailed them again and if that doesn't work i'll start calling until I get someone up the food chain that has the ability to answer questions. A little communication goes a long way for me.

In my life I have purchased the following sigs

P232
    P226
    P225
    P220 Sport
    P238

I won't be buying another one.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

VIP Member
    Sorry to hear about your problem...I've always found it better to handle these matters over the phone, instead of e-mails....I'm sure they get thousands more e-mails than phone calls...I'd try calling...I've never had to deal with them, but have heard they were first rate...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Try calling!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    I never handle important business by e-mail, that is what the phone is for. When you call get a name and extension number so you can follow up on your call if need be. You night also want to let them know how unhappy you are (in a nice way) and that your experience has turned you off on Sig. You might be surprised what little perks they'll throw in to keep a happy customer.

I love my P228...but my friend who works as an armorer and forensic firearms analyst for our State Police says they have very bad customer service. Their undercover and plainclothes carry p229. he is responsible for the armorer services on them. While the rest of most of the major police agencies are carrying Sig or Glock, WV State Police is still carrying Smith and Wesson 4566. Why? He says they bend over backwards to take care of their needs and wants. ALWAYS without fail. A gun especially a personally owned SD gun is only as good as the customer service behind it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I've heard the opposite about SIG customer service, I'm surprised this is your experience. I agree that important business should be done over-the-phone if face-to-face is not possible... e-mail is a distant last. E-mails are easy to loose or ignore... phone calls much less so.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Same sediment over at the Sig forum. Many members over there have pledged to never own another one. I'll keep what I have but will never purchase another one unless things change.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. – Richard Henry Lee 1788

CALL customer service. See if you can talk to Victoria.

VIP Member
    Wow, this thread certainly would influence my decision to purchase. If they're Ok with screwing with you, why wouldn't they just screw with me or anyone else? Now, send them a link to this thread so they can see how bad customer service can affect potential sales.
    Regards,
    Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Had to send in both of my P229s, and were fixed when returned.

I have had a few issues in the past and they ended up fixing it but it was not easy. My brand new X5, the safety would not work and there was something rattling in there. I took the grips off and the spring fell out. I sent it back to Sig and they eventually fixed it and tried to charge me return shipping.

shane

Quote Originally Posted by shane1 View Post
    I have had a few issues in the past and they ended up fixing it but it was not easy. My brand new X5, the safety would not work and there was something rattling in there. I took the grips off and the spring fell out. I sent it back to Sig and they eventually fixed it and tried to charge me return shipping.

shane
    I still like the Sigs, though. Most companies have issues sometimes.

shane

My issue is not with having the gun repaired. That stuff happens. I'm fine with it. My issue is with them sitting on my replacement for a month.

I will be calling them monday. I have to disagree about the email issue. I receive hundreds of emails a month, 90% of them being for business use. The reason I love email is it's in writing and it's instant. If I ever have a question about what was said I can read the exact conversation again. I'm a blackberry user which get's me my email instantly. In this case it just doesn't seem to work.

I will add that I should have complained more when they called me a month ago. I asked when the replacement would be sent. What I got from CS was "we can't tell you when" Had it been anyone other than Sig that answer wouldn't have flown then.

From what i'm hearing online, Sig has so many contracts now they don't really care if civilians are happy or not.

Thanks for all your input guys.

Clint Smith

After 45 mins on hold I spoke with Sig. Curiously enough they shipped the replacement gun yesterday afternoon. It should be at my FFL in the morning. I'll go pick it up about noon. Hopefully they sent the correct gun. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Clint Smith

When my P238 was recalled Sig was awesome. From the time my gun was sent back to the time I received it back was exactly seven days. Plus they included a free extra magazine. Usually their service is excellent. Your customer service person must have been a Democrat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links