Defensive Carry banner

Sig Customer Service

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  tapout1003 
#1 ·
I started a thread a few months ago about my new P238 purchase. The thread can be viewed here.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/defensive-carry-guns/86980-p238-noisy-cricket.html

The short story is it's been a month since Sig told me they were sending a replacement gun. Evidently they can't take the time to box one up and ship it to my FFL. UPS isn't on strike. Dealers have them in stock. People are still buying them. Why can't they replace mine ? I have emailed sig customer service twice over the course of the last month trying to get some info. Neither email was answered. Not even an excuse. This isn't what I would call customer service from one of the best in the business. I'm now out over $600.00 and completely at their mercy as to when I will get a replacement. I've done my best to get info from my local dealers and they all say this is the "new" sig. Tonight I emailed them again and if that doesn't work i'll start calling until I get someone up the food chain that has the ability to answer questions. A little communication goes a long way for me.

In my life I have purchased the following sigs

P232
P226
P225
P220 Sport
P238

I won't be buying another one.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry to hear about your problem...I've always found it better to handle these matters over the phone, instead of e-mails....I'm sure they get thousands more e-mails than phone calls...I'd try calling...I've never had to deal with them, but have heard they were first rate...

#4 ·
I never handle important business by e-mail, that is what the phone is for. When you call get a name and extension number so you can follow up on your call if need be. You night also want to let them know how unhappy you are (in a nice way) and that your experience has turned you off on Sig. You might be surprised what little perks they'll throw in to keep a happy customer.

#5 ·
I love my P228...but my friend who works as an armorer and forensic firearms analyst for our State Police says they have very bad customer service. Their undercover and plainclothes carry p229. he is responsible for the armorer services on them. While the rest of most of the major police agencies are carrying Sig or Glock, WV State Police is still carrying Smith and Wesson 4566. Why? He says they bend over backwards to take care of their needs and wants. ALWAYS without fail. A gun especially a personally owned SD gun is only as good as the customer service behind it.

#6 ·
I've heard the opposite about SIG customer service, I'm surprised this is your experience. I agree that important business should be done over-the-phone if face-to-face is not possible... e-mail is a distant last. E-mails are easy to loose or ignore... phone calls much less so.

#7 ·
Same sediment over at the Sig forum. Many members over there have pledged to never own another one. I'll keep what I have but will never purchase another one unless things change.

#9 ·
Wow, this thread certainly would influence my decision to purchase. If they're Ok with screwing with you, why wouldn't they just screw with me or anyone else? Now, send them a link to this thread so they can see how bad customer service can affect potential sales.
Regards,
Dan

#11 ·
I have had a few issues in the past and they ended up fixing it but it was not easy. My brand new X5, the safety would not work and there was something rattling in there. I took the grips off and the spring fell out. I sent it back to Sig and they eventually fixed it and tried to charge me return shipping.

shane

#13 ·
My issue is not with having the gun repaired. That stuff happens. I'm fine with it. My issue is with them sitting on my replacement for a month.

I will be calling them monday. I have to disagree about the email issue. I receive hundreds of emails a month, 90% of them being for business use. The reason I love email is it's in writing and it's instant. If I ever have a question about what was said I can read the exact conversation again. I'm a blackberry user which get's me my email instantly. In this case it just doesn't seem to work.

I will add that I should have complained more when they called me a month ago. I asked when the replacement would be sent. What I got from CS was "we can't tell you when" Had it been anyone other than Sig that answer wouldn't have flown then.

From what i'm hearing online, Sig has so many contracts now they don't really care if civilians are happy or not.

Thanks for all your input guys.

#14 ·
After 45 mins on hold I spoke with Sig. Curiously enough they shipped the replacement gun yesterday afternoon. It should be at my FFL in the morning. I'll go pick it up about noon. Hopefully they sent the correct gun. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

#16 ·
I too had a horrible experience with Sig, took several months to get the issue corrected. The gun in question was defective, it happens, no big deal.
But with Sig it was, they sent a replacedment two months after I sent the original to them. It was the wrong gun. So I had to have my dealer send it back,, They billed us for returning it to them..

Repeated phone calls they were reading the previous call notes but still could not get anything correct. The only emial that was answered was one of the several that I had address to every Sig email address I could find. Was told that they would just refund the purchase price, weeks later nothing.

They finally settled with the dealer and didn't have the courtesy to let me know.. I for one will not purchase another Sig product..

Hope you get it settled to your satisfaction this time...

#18 ·
This is the first time I have ever had to deal with them on a replacement. I'm not happy with the month it took just to get a replacement. I will be happy if they tested the gun to see if it functions before sending it to me. Want to make bets on if they even included the second magazine the gun should have shipped with to begin with?

#19 ·
I was really hot on getting a Sig a month or so ago, but then I started frequenting the Sig forum and the posts about the poor customer service is all over the place. If not C.S., then there are the complaints about the quality going down beginning around 2003 or 2004. I recently purchased a SP2022 in 9mm because the deal was just too good to pass up ($440 w\ 2 mags, night sights, etc.) and would like to get a P226, but I'd rather take my chance on another brand.

Oh, and why did I chance buying a Sig? First would be the price, but also because the design is more akin to a CZ that is beefed up.

#20 ·
I went to my FFL today and did new paperwork and picked up my replacement. No second magazine but for some reason they added a second set of wood grips. I'm going to the range in the morning to see if it works. The serial number is in the 14XXX range on the new one so they must be churning them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.