Jimenez Arms 380

Jimenez Arms 380

This is a discussion on Jimenez Arms 380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have read all the comments from the naysayers, and I purchased one for me and my wife. At first I was disappointed because I ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimenez Arms 380

Blkkato

Jimenez Arms 380

I have read all the comments from the naysayers, and I purchased one for me and my wife. At first I was disappointed because I couldn't figure out how to stip and clean it. Some one on youtube posted a video on how to field stip and clean it. Now we shoot together without a problem, the gun shoots flawlessly as long as you stay away from HP's and +p ammo. Regular fmj rounds only, people will have this & that to say about this but I tell you what, me and my wife can unload 6 bullets in you very quickly and have enough time to pop in the extra clip attached to the holster. We time each other and try to apply as much pressure on each other while we practice. I feel totally safe with this pistol, just follow the rules about ammo and you will be fine. As far as the whole Hp vs FMJ you stand in front of me while I pump 6 rounds into you and then tell me FMJ's don't do the job.

Your decision and your life. FMJ may do it's job, but I know I'd rather rely on JHP.

Agreed, FMJ may DO THE JOB, but might DO THE JOB to an innocent on the other side or behind the wall when you fire your 6 rounds from 5-7 feet away and they go through the torso... IMO a firearm is NOT RELIABLE unless it can cycle FMJ and JHP ALL THE TIME. FMJ is for target shooting, JHP is for CONCIOUS (sp?) self defense. If you shoot through the perp and hit an innocent or it goes through a wall and hits a sleeping family member, FMJs didnt do the job, they failed. just my opinion, dont flame or scream at me.
    FMJ DOES have a place in the defense world, but not for SD in a public place or in the home.
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Blkkato View Post
    you stand in front of me while I pump 6 rounds into you and then tell me FMJ's don't do the job.
    Be careful out there and don't point your handgun at anyone unless you have to defend yourself or family... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    and, are you going to carry the Jiminez with a round chambered?

Blkkato
    SteveinNePA you may have a point if I was shooting shot gun slugs, rifle or large claiber pistol but not a 380.

SteveinNePA you may have a point if I was shooting shot gun slugs, rifle or large claiber pistol but not a 380.
    A .380 FMJ will penetrate around 16 inches in gelatin. That's less than a 9mm or larger caliber, but it's more than enough to overpenetrate an assailant and pose a threat to someone beyond.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I have read all the comments from the naysayers, and I purchased one for me and my wife. At first I was disappointed because I couldn't figure out how to stip and clean it. Some one on youtube posted a video on how to field stip and clean it. Now we shoot together without a problem, the gun shoots flawlessly as long as you stay away from HP's and +p ammo. Regular fmj rounds only, people will have this & that to say about this but I tell you what, me and my wife can unload 6 bullets in you very quickly and have enough time to pop in the extra clip attached to the holster. We time each other and try to apply as much pressure on each other while we practice. I feel totally safe with this pistol, just follow the rules about ammo and you will be fine. As far as the whole Hp vs FMJ you stand in front of me while I pump 6 rounds into you and then tell me FMJ's don't do the job.

Thanks for letting us know how little value you place on you and your
    wife's lives.

Good luck.........
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Please, please,....please..... do some searching around on these little guns.

And for the love of god, listen to that little voice in your head telling you that this is really not a great idea.

"Let your conscience be your guide"

...Jimenez Cricket
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

You are one of the lucky ones. Hope your luck holds.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Blkkato
    rmxer85, I have done my research plus my own trial & error & what I found out personally is if you stay away from unathorized ammo you will be fine. Ofcourse if you put in ammo it can't handle the gun will fail, so stick to whats suggested. I don't have gelatin molds laying around but I do have wet phone books, trees, used computers and melons to form my opinion.

I carry a 380 and practice with it, mine cycles every thing FMJ and JHP that I have feed it.

I know how you feel about the 380, and I would work on shot placement instead of emptying mag on one target as it is possible you may face 3 or more BGs at once.

Something you can do is place 3 or 4 8" targets up about 3 to 5 feet apart and using one 6 shot mag attempt to hit all targets as fast as possible.

This will add to shot placement and speed while changing targets.

Check out this web site about .380ACP effectiveness
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Well, sounds like you have made up your mind as to what works best for you and your wife. Congratulations and stay safe out there. It is good that you two have the foresight and tools to protect yourselves. If the guns, ammo, and holsters work for you, then by all means carry-on.

VIP Member
    If you have done your own research, you know Jimenez is the latest attempt to sell cheap, cheap, low quality pistols. Jimenez, Jennings, Bryco, all the same cheap gun that doesn't work...If they were that good a pistol, any of these companies would have lasted more than 4-5 years...Same cheap design shows up every few years to take advantage of inexperienced folks looking for a gun for $100.

You can defend them to your hearts content, but you're not going to convince any of the experienced folks on this forum that they are a reputable handgun....

Since you're happy with them, I hope they work for you and hope you never have to rely on them for protection...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Blkkato
    Most of the people who have something negative to say have never fired one & if they have and had problems with it they were hard headed and used unathorized ammo and didn't properly clean their weapon. It is a challenge to clean if you never done it but once you know how to keep them clean it's a go. Also I'm not trying to impress the gun snobs, I'm only speaking to the scared to speak up people who don't have a lot of money for a gun but still want something to protect themselves.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links