Update on KelTec PF9 issues..... & customer service

This is a discussion on Update on KelTec PF9 issues..... & customer service within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I posted about my problem "suddenly" appearing with my KelTec PF9. Every shot the mag would drop 1/2 " out and not reload. The ...

Thread: Update on KelTec PF9 issues..... & customer service

Update on KelTec PF9 issues..... & customer service

Ok, I posted about my problem "suddenly" appearing with my KelTec PF9. Every shot the mag would drop 1/2 " out and not reload. The general advise given was to get the metal mag catch and replace it and that would fix it. Honestly, any gun can have an issue, but once it does.... I'm unconfortable with it until numerous rounds and shooting it numerous times . It has to earns it's 'comfort' level back with me it will be reliable if I'm going to bet my life on it.

I talked with KelTec and sent it to them for repair. I didn't listen to "fixing it myself". While it was gone I was questioning myself about trading it and getting a completely different gun or towards another rifle I"m wanting, and just carrying my 5 shot revolver as a backup or pocket gun.

I talked myself into "evaluating" the gun once I received it back, as so many of you have said how good Kel Tec customer service was. I have to admit , I was doubtful, but I learned YOU GUYS were RIGHT about KelTec.

Well, the gun arrived back. I am now glad I sent it in, and I definitely will re-evaluate the gun before I do anything. I was AMAZED at what Kel Tec Customer Service did with it :

They replaced literally about every piece of the gun, polished it, etc. The the only thing I got back that I sent .... was the barrel and the case I sent it in. WOW, they didn't play around about fixing it and making it right and by all appearances doing it right. The gun I sent was never this tight and smooth. Now I have to go do some shooting. Any doubts related to KelTec customer service, have been put to rest.

2. Remove Ads

Glad to hear that it seems to have worked out for you. I have been considering a PF9 for pocket carry.

This is a good report, my Kel Tec may someday need repair tho it is shooting grate now.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Good report and good to know about KelTec service. I own a KelTec also with no problems.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

VIP Member
    Glad to hear they fixed it for you...It's probably going to be great as it was gone over by their gunsmith and hand fitted....
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

jyo
    Well, myself, my wife and my brother purchased 3 new Kahr CW-9 pistols and all 3 had the exact same problem---the magazine would drop out on the first or secound shot fired and then of course the next round would not be picked by the slide so click instead of bang. Kahr admitted to a problem with at least one batch of guns and sent new mag releases and springs---now after several hundred rounds thru each pistol the problem is solved and all 3 run fine.

Just to add my .02 cents

I have had a pf9 for a while and I have shot 1500+ rounds through it without a problem. I love it and I trust it. There customer service is exellent and the quality of the pistol is excellent.

I don't think ya'll got what I was saying .... The ONLY part of the original gun I got back was the barrel. The ONLY thing. They replaced the frame, slide, grip, and put in all new trigger assy, mag release mechanism / parts, hammer, and all other internal parts. They hand built a new gun and put in my barrel. And, they polished the slide, etc. as well. It's a NEW gun. They imprinted the original serial # on the new frame.

It's always great to hear of great customer service. Especially nowadays when customer service is where most companies apparently are cutting back.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Even more reports of great service from a great company. Makes me feel even better now that I've ordered my PF9 and it should be here by the end of the week. I love those guns so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I don't think ya'll got what I was saying .... The ONLY part of the original gun I got back was the barrel. The ONLY thing. They replaced the frame, slide, grip, and put in all new trigger assy, mag release mechanism / parts, hammer, and all other internal parts. They hand built a new gun and put in my barrel. And, they polished the slide, etc. as well. It's a NEW gun. They imprinted the original serial # on the new frame.
    That is amazing, I have narrowed down my search for a slim 9mm pistol to fill the niche between my Glock 19 and my Ruger LCP to two possible candidates, the Kahr CW9 and the Keltec PF9. That is reassuring to hear about Keltec's customer service.
    God bless our troops!

I can vouch for the pf9, I carry it everyday, have shot the crap out of it and I love it. I have yet to find an ammo that it doesn't like either, it eats whatever I put into it, even that cheap Hungarian stuff from cheaperthandirt.com It takes getting used to the double action having a smooth trigger pull to make it accurate but once you get it down it's a great little pocket rocket.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Links