Am I Crazy?!

This is a discussion on Am I Crazy?! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok everyone, here is my situation. I have a glock 26 with MTAC rig. I really love the glock 26 and am pretty good at ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I Crazy?!

Am I Crazy?!

Ok everyone, here is my situation. I have a glock 26 with MTAC rig. I really love the glock 26 and am pretty good at shooting it.

However, I've always been a great shot with revolvers and something in my blood loves them. I am thinking of selling the G26 to get a Ruger sp101. Sure i'll lose "capacity" but with 5 shots of .357 magnum in my neck of the woods I think i'll be just fine. I live in a safe area of Mississippi.

Bottom line, I'm only 22 years old so money isn't flowing to have both. Am I crazy for wanting to get the SP101 and selling my G26?

The G26 is a great functional gun, but it just lacks character that I like.

The SP101 is a nice gun and I love revolvers but I'm just unsure what I want to do.

What are your thoughts? Have any of you switched from a Semi-Auto to a revolver for your EDC and how did that turn out for you?

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I sort of did. I bought a 442 thinking it would be a bug only, but it since has become my everywhere gun.
    I dont know that I would give up my semi autos for it, but there is nothing wrong with a good revolver.

If I were you, I'd save my cash to buy the SP and keep the Glock. There is nothing urgent that you need the SP right now, so don't buy on impulse trading away a good horse to have in any stable.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Keep the G26 and save the $$. You're young, and have time to play......

VIP Member

Not Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by djp105 View Post
    Ok everyone, here is my situation. I have a glock 26 with MTAC rig. I really love the glock 26 and am pretty good at shooting it.

However, I've always been a great shot with revolvers and something in my blood loves them. I am thinking of selling the G26 to get a Ruger sp101. Sure i'll lose "capacity" but with 5 shots of .357 magnum in my neck of the woods I think i'll be just fine. I live in a safe area of Mississippi.

Bottom line, I'm only 22 years old so money isn't flowing to have both. Am I crazy for wanting to get the SP101 and selling my G26?

The G26 is a great functional gun, but it just lacks character that I like.

The SP101 is a nice gun and I love revolvers but I'm just unsure what I want to do.

What are your thoughts? Have any of you switched from a Semi-Auto to a revolver for your EDC and how did that turn out for you?
    I think you should try many guns. Some shooters favor Semi-autos and others like revolvers. I started with a semi-auto Walther .22LR and a Sig P250 9mm.
    I got tired of shooing these and thought I would really like a revolver. I thought I would like the challenge. I bought a Taurus M94
    5" SS. 9rd .22LR. It is just fun to shoot and inexpensive.

Then I got into 1911 .45ACP Kimbers. Now those are my guns of choice.

If you can have them all, keep them. If you want to try a revolver, do so. Maybe you can rent one to try first.

You will probably take a bath when you try to sell or trade the
    Glock 26.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I think this is a more expensive hobby than recreational drugs!

You're not crazy. There's something to be said for the merits of a good semi-auto and a good revolver. Save up and buy a revolver that meets your needs and purpose and have both.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Sell your Glock??? Ya, I am sending the men in the white coats.

Nothing wrong with a revolver. You have to have a gun you like. But like everyone said, I would save my money and have both. That way, you are just adding on to your collection which will, trust me, grow as you get older.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Another vote for saving the money and keeping the glock. It's never going to lose its value and you will only end up buying another glock.

My dad has an SP101 and he loves it, says its a tackdriver. Sharp looking gun too.

I started out with a BB rifle and BB pistol as a kid (and I still have them both). Got my first 22 revolver and 22 rifle in my teens. I now have 8 handguns and countless shotguns and rifles (in the safe). I only ever sold 2 guns that I owned and I wish I had them back (especially the old Remington Fieldmaster pump 22 rifle). I bought a Henry lever action 22 magnum and that thing is more fun to shoot than one person should be allowed to have. We shoot golf balls with it. Your collection will grow...be patient.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Keep the Glock...it's not costing you anything, you don't have to feed it or anything.
    Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.

I've had both,

Carried both and there are good points inherent in both guns. The ruger will handle full house magnums and because it's a heavy little beast it will absorb lots of that recoil. Fewer rounds but remember: the .357 125gr jacketed hollow point is the big daddy of one shot stops. That's what they compare everything else to. On the other hand, I have +2 baseplates on the 26 and have an ankle gun that holds 13 rounds of the hottest 9mm you'd care to put in it. They both possess flawless reliability. If you've learned the Glock and want to learn the SP101 and you don't have the money to have both, Like the other poster said, you're young, got lots of shooting days ahead of you, swap it out and add to your gun knowledge. People always want a big stable of guns but usually end up carrying only one or two. And usually they're small ones. I don't feel undergunned with either. Whatever you decide, it'll be a good choice. Stay Safe.
    I am not The Word
    I am the parchment on which
    The Word is written

Save up for the SP101 and keep the Glock. The SP101 is a great revolver, my wife has one and she loves it.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

You will regret selling the G-26, so keep it. A revolver will come into your life soon enough.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Like others have said, Keep the Glock and save for the Ruger.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Keep it and save for the revo...from one slightly young guy to another, who has several guns in his "wish I hadnt" list. You'll be better off in the long run.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links