Glock Modifications

This is a discussion on Glock Modifications within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by roadsiderob I'm a big fan of the 3.5lb connectors. Keep in mind that a 3.5lb connector does not equal a 3.5lb trigger ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock Modifications

Quote Originally Posted by roadsiderob View Post
    I'm a big fan of the 3.5lb connectors. Keep in mind that a 3.5lb connector does not equal a 3.5lb trigger pull. It actually averages about 7lbs on my Glocks....which is about what my Kahr K9 measures right out of the box. I'm comfortable with this for CCW. I think the best low cost modification for a Glock is to polish the trigger bar where it slides against the connector. Viewed with a magnifying glass, the trigger bar surface is fairly rough when new and this contributes to some of the "staple gun" feel of a new Glock trigger.
    That is not true if you have the stock trigger spring. Do you have a NY1 or NY2 trigger spring?
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

we definitely need more pics in this thread!

Here are a few older pics of my gun. Haven't really changed much on the gun, but bought a bunnnnnnnnnnch of holsters.

glock 27 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

glock 27 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    I have and I am well aware of Mr. Ayoob's thoughts and writings on this issue but it does not change the fact there are just no real documented cases of legal modifications or in this case just parts ungrades to a handgun changing the outcome of a trial for the negative of the shooter if the shooting was deamed legally defendable. If there are show me one. I have researched this issue extensively and have found no cases of this issue anywhere in the country. None of these modifications make the gun more deadly or less safe if the gun is used safely or change the basic operation of the gun. People want to mention Ayoob like that makes it a fact but never show any proof or facts, where are the examples? You want find any thats why. Should everybody run take the night sights off and 3.5 connectors and SS guide rods out of their guns. Better not use hi cap mags either I guess. If so send them to me, I will put them to good use.

We're talking about 2 different things. You refer to legal modifications (which, depending on jurisdiction, even regular capacity are), and with that I agree.

The warning we're giving is directed at people suggesting one should mod trigger pulls, etc.
    If handguns cause crime, mine are deffective - Ted Nugent

No mods on my Glocks, just Trijicons on my CC G26 and factory stuff on the others. The stock Glocks rock outa the box for me. The only thing I would really consider doing is adding the smooth aluminum trigger for my G26, but that's just about it.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Mods to my Glocks:

Tru-Glo TFO sights (bright under all conditions)
    Crimson Trace laser
    Vicker's Tactical extended mag catch (just a bit longer than stock)
    Pearce +0 pinky extension on my G26 mags

That's it.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

4.5 trigger
    fiber sites
    extended mag drop
    CT laser on 27
    pinky extensions on 27
    houge slip on on 23

polish all trigger parts

In order:

TruGlo TFO night sights (green/yellow), Lasermax guide rod, smooth trigger, Hogue Grip Sleeve, high-grip (undercut) trigger guard mod.

G 26 stock - Night sights soon.

Quote Originally Posted by qdoggydogg View Post
    I know there are a ton of Glock owners out there, and was wondering what types of mods you have done and what the results were. I have been looking at the 3.5 lb trigger pull and a new recoil spring, and perhaps an extended mag release. Any feedback would be helpful!
    The only change I would make is good sights. I add a +2 base plate to my mags along with a 10% extra power spring but it's not really necessary. I keep the recoil assembly stock and just buy a few spares along with striker springs. On most of the Glock related forums the guys that trick their guns up the most are the ones that have problems. That stock glock is going to be around long after you're gone. Learn to use it as-is and you'll be just fine. It's skill, not the equipment that will pull you through.
    I am not The Word
    I am the parchment on which
    The Word is written

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Seems to be some confusion on several threads. Often the poster means the slide LOCK lever. This can confuse some readers not familiar with Glock components.

The slide "stop" is what you push down to remove the slide from the frame. An extended slide lock only helps those who have difficulty stripping the weapon. No needed for SD.

The slide "lock" lever is what locks the slide back after the last round is fired. The factory one IS difficult to use for many and the extended one makes it much easier to release the slide to battery position. May be very helpful in a quick reload scenario.
    You may be correct about the proper nomenclature, but I do have T.R. Graham's (slightly extended) Match Grade Slide Lock installed on both my G23 & 27.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I just have night sights on my Glocks and my G17 has a Hogue grip sleeve. The rest is factory.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

The only changes I did to my G30SF was to put a smooth faced G21 trigger on it and XS Big Dots. On my wife's G19 all we did was buy it with factory installed Trijicons.

I have the following parts installed in every single Glock I own.

(1.) Tango Down / Vickers Tactical extended mag catch
    (2.) Factory Glock extended slide release / slide lock lever
    (3.) Factory Glock 3.5lb. connector - everything else stock
    (4.) Jentra plug
    (5.) Factory Glock smooth face trigger on my G19's.
    (5.) Sights;

Fixed: Heinie Ledge or Warren Tactical
    Adjustable: Dawson Precision adjustable target rear sight / Dawson Precision Ramped Serrated plain black front sight.

Every one of them as proven stone reliable and adds something without effecting reliablity. Which is a must for me.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Grey Group Training, LLC
    Director of Training
    Cell: 757-419-9742
    Email: Training@greygrouptraining.com

Nothing except for sights and then it's TFO's all the way. Otherwise leave it as designed, Glock Perfection!!!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    I have and I am well aware of Mr. Ayoob's thoughts and writings on this issue but it does not change the fact there are just no real documented cases of legal modifications or in this case just parts ungrades to a handgun changing the outcome of a trial for the negative of the shooter if the shooting was deamed legally defendable. If there are show me one. I have researched this issue extensively and have found no cases of this issue anywhere in the country. None of these modifications make the gun more deadly or less safe if the gun is used safely or change the basic operation of the gun. People want to mention Ayoob like that makes it a fact but never show any proof or facts, where are the examples? You want find any thats why. Should everybody run take the night sights off and 3.5 connectors and SS guide rods out of their guns. Better not use hi cap mags either I guess. If so send them to me, I will put them to good use.
    Totally OT here, but congrats on the win over the Cougars today. Your guys played a great game. We'll get ya next year my friend
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links