Glock Modifications

Glock Modifications

This is a discussion on Glock Modifications within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know there are a ton of Glock owners out there, and was wondering what types of mods you have done and what the results ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock Modifications

Glock Modifications

I know there are a ton of Glock owners out there, and was wondering what types of mods you have done and what the results were. I have been looking at the 3.5 lb trigger pull and a new recoil spring, and perhaps an extended mag release. Any feedback would be helpful!

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Just the basics. Added an extended slide release, an extended slide lock lever, on some added an extended mag release, XS big dot sights and oh, ya, made it full auto.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

For SD, I would leave it like it is. IMHO, better not to modify if you ever end up in front of a jury, better not to modify for dependability. Both are just opinions casually researched.

Don't want to hyjack the thread, as it is your firearm, be safe, and do what you want.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

VIP Member
    I replaced the stock 3.5 lb trigger with a 5.5 lb trigger in both my Glocks. It is an added piece of mind for me. Otherwise, they are all stock.

EDIT - meant to say I installed NY1 triggers.
    Last edited by ctr; December 3rd, 2009 at 10:31 PM.

I have all extended releases and a few mag extenders that's really it for now. I'm eventually gonna get a G26 barrell to swap out .40 for 9mm for more ammo choices. That's it so far. :)
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by qdoggydogg View Post
    I know there are a ton of Glock owners out there, and was wondering what types of mods you have done and what the results were. I have been looking at the 3.5 lb trigger pull and a new recoil spring, and perhaps an extended mag release. Any feedback would be helpful!
    I have a Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector on all my Glocks. I have a NY-1 trigger spring as well. I wouldn't get the extended mag release if you intend to conceal carry. If it's a range/game gun then get the extended releases. I also have a Wolff steel guide rod and recoil spring.

Bone stock for my Glock 19, may someday get some different sights. I'm trying to get as proficient as I can with it in stock mode, out of the box perfection is what I'm looking for in a self defense weapon, and so far so good.

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Vickers extended mag release, Jentra Plugs, Meprolights and for my G-19 Ct Laser Grips.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    The extended slide lock lever is a must. That piece of crap Glock installs on the production line is rediculous. Do you need an extended mag release or does the production one suffice? That's your call.

The one thing I don't like about my Glock 30 (and other guns with the same sights) is the white dots. Not the best against a light-colored background. I painted over the white with dayglow orange. BIG difference.

I don't have any problem with the factory trigger. That's another personal call.

Other than the sights and changing the slide lock lever, I don't think anything else is needed. What you want is an entirely different question.

Glock 23 mods...

I have a Glock 23 with quite a few mods done by the prior owner. It has a hard chromed slide, Arotek night sights, extended mag release and extended slide stop. It looks different than most other Glocks.

Philly Boy likes this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I deem your Glock

*pimptastic*

I bought my G26 with Glock Night Sights. I added immediately the pierce +1 magazine extensions(+2 in 9mm), and just order the jentra plug. I am considering the slide lock extension next. No plans to adjust the trigger pull to 3.5lbs tho. Like some have said, I worry about what happens if you are involved in SD shooting and adjustments to the trigger, etc may be held against you.
    Don't Knock The HU$TLE! When all else fails, I have a HU$TLER's Ambition! When the economy goes to crap, I will maintain and u wont! The hunger I have to survive, and your inability to handle the struggles we have ahead is what seperates you & I!

I have two Glocks, a 36 and a 26, except for the Trijicon night sights...they stay stock.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

kpw
    Nothing except for sights. Mepros, Tijicons, Novaks, Heinies take your pick. All good.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links