Waste of money? or better than a rock?

This is a discussion on Waste of money? or better than a rock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Cobra Derringer .32 Auto Cobra For $125, I'm thinking of getting one of these for jogging or while at work. What's your thoughts? Safe? Waste ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Waste of money? or better than a rock?

Waste of money? or better than a rock?

Cobra Derringer .32 Auto

Cobra

For $125, I'm thinking of getting one of these for jogging or while at work. What's your thoughts? Safe? Waste of money? Better off with pepper spray?

While at work it could give me time to get my car. While jogging it would be my primary. I would love to have the LCP but can't swing $350 right now. What do you think?

2. Remove Ads

Save the $125 till you have enough for the LCP.

Go for it...

I think it looks sexy.
    "Surely the preservation and enjoyment of the freedoms vouchsafed to us by the Constitution of the United States will require eternal vigilance even to the guarding of it with our lives. We must ever keep faith with our founding fathers by keeping faith with our Constitution."

Hey bro, you can get an LCP on gunbroker.com for less than $300 on auction. I bought mine for $280 plus $15 shipping. Total of $295. The seller I bought from was sportsmansupply. They are a big store so they dont charge any credit card fees. I think they are an awsome seller. They are honest folks that are not looking to make any extra money off of you. The process to buy the lcp was simple and they ship pretty fast.
    Remember as a rule of thumb in defensive carry...your intention is always to STOP....not to hurt, however; in a gun fight, its either me or them.....and Im sure as hell that it will NOT be me.
    -joey rh

Quote Originally Posted by joeyrh9 View Post
    Hey bro, you can get an LCP on gunbroker.com for less than $300 on auction. I bought mine for $280 plus $15 shipping. Total of $295. The seller I bought from was sportsmansupply. They are a big store so they dont charge any credit card fees. I think they are an awsome seller. They are honest folks that are not looking to make any extra money off of you. The process to buy the lcp was simple and they ship pretty fast.
    thanks man. how much was your ffl fee? most shops here charge $40! but I think the local pawn does $20...
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    If you really need it, you will need it really fast. ALWAYS one in the chamber.
    Nuf said!

Hey I have one of those. Have had it for better than 20 years. Bought a box of 50 shells for it when I bought it and probably still have a least 25 of those left. A cute conversation piece but your better to go with jholens advice.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Save your money and wait til you can afford something better. Do a search on here and you will find a myriad of options almost within your grasps.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

My FFl charged me only $15 but that is because I have my CCL. He usually charges $20 for non CCLs. Still, I think i got a good deal. Oh and by the way the seller on gunbroker is sportsmanssupply....I missed an "s" when I first gave u the info. Hope u can get the LCP, it is a nice little gun that is excellent for CC. This is my pistole of choice because it is small and does not get in the way. Also, Nobody will ever know you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by cv7713 View Post
    thanks man. how much was your ffl fee? most shops here charge $40! but I think the local pawn does $20...
    Remember as a rule of thumb in defensive carry...your intention is always to STOP....not to hurt, however; in a gun fight, its either me or them.....and Im sure as hell that it will NOT be me.
    -joey rh

Is there much difference in the price of that and the big bore .32H&R or .38 special big bores? I like rimmed cases for a derringer.

I'd rather have a Cobra derringer than most of the other firearms in that price range.

A backup for the backup and easily hidden. It would give somebody a serious belly ache. I don't want one, although I am probably going to start buying redundant guns that I really don't need.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Anything is better than nothing. If that's the best you can do, then get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    Hey I have one of those. Have had it for better than 20 years. Bought a box of 50 shells for it when I bought it and probably still have a least 25 of those left. A cute conversation piece but your better to go with jholens advice.
    +1, except mine is a Davis. One thing is, the trigger is going to suck. That's almost a guarantee. Acutally, forget the "almost".

Save your $$$, eventually you'll have enough for a 'real' gun.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Save your $$$, eventually you'll have enough for a 'real' gun.OMO
    Already have a .38, a .40, and a 12 gauge. Just want something to fill a niche!

This thing is pretty cool too, albeit the same price as a kel tec.

Last edited by cv7713; December 3rd, 2009 at 09:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    If you really need it, you will need it really fast. ALWAYS one in the chamber.
    Nuf said!

cmb
    You can find a P3AT or LCP or used 38 special revolver for below $300, I'd go that way... epecially if it is my only gun... don't eat out the rest of the month and you may have ecnough saved for the difference

you also have to cock a derringer, I don't lik that, rather just pull and shoot. American Derringer makes a DA 38 but they will push you up to a new revolver or 2 LCP's in cost.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links