Defensive Carry banner

pistol-training.com M&P9

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  TheShadow 
#1 ·
I want to make you guys aware of a pretty slick M&P 9 going into production. It's a special edition being made to Todd Green's (of Pistol-Training.com) specs. Details can be found here:

pistol-training.com Blog Archive S&W’s Special Edition pistol-training.com M&P9

and if there's any pre-order spots left, you'll get one by talking to Grant at gandrtactical.com.

I am in no way affiliated with G and R or Todd Green - I'm just planning on getting one and thought I'd share the love...

#3 ·
#5 ·
Then you've missed the point. That's roughly the factory trigger pull, but the trigger upgrades provide a smooth, consistent pull with a definite and forceful reset - negating the gritty and mushy trigger pull on the stock M&P. In addition to that you have a set of Warren tactical 2-dot night sights ($115 + installation usually), which, from what I've seen, are a big improvement over the normal factory sights... But to each their own.

#6 ·
I haven't missed anything. It is still a 6.5lb trigger. I would rather buy a standard M&P and have a trigger job around 4lbs with a good reset. Also, I'd rather have a plain black 10-8 rear sight coupled with a tritium front. Sorry, but this pistol doesn't interest me.

#7 ·
I'm not too hung up on trigger pull weight as long as it's a good trigger. Consistency and definitiveness are important. A consistent 12# trigger will shoot great with enough practice. But hey, if you're not interested, feel free to move on. To me this represents a great deal considering all the normal "after market" upgrades your getting straight from the factory.

Here's some extra reading on the topic. pistol-training.com Blog Archive A Light Trigger Pull Is Not a Status Symbol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.