How many reloads? - Page 2

How many reloads?

This is a discussion on How many reloads? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by PJH I know I should carry a reload, but with 16 rounds in a G19 and not a lot of room left ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PJH
    I know I should carry a reload, but with 16 rounds in a G19 and not a lot of room left inside my waistband for my fat a**, let alone a spare magazine, I usually don't bother. If I'm pocket carrying the J-frame in cargo shorts, I'll carry 1 speedloader in the front offside flap pocket.

-Paul
    you might look at one of these mag-holders from RM holsters (scroll down to where it says "Glock mag pouches). I have two and I really like them. They've got a J-hook so you can put them on/take them off w/o undoing your belt. They also have adjustable tension. Only $15 and the turnaround is great. When I ordered mine, I ordered them on a thursday and got them on saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    Just want to bring up that the reason to carry a reload for your ccw auto isnt that you are likely to run out of ammo ( i suspect for most realistic scenerios, keeping in mind the actual legal usage we put ccw weapons to ) one load is enough even out of a 5 shot snub . The reason I carry a reload is in case my auto malf's to the point i have to rip, rack, bang . It seems to me awfull nice to have another mag to stick back in the little sucker LOL
    +1
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    Just want to bring up that the reason to carry a reload for your ccw auto isnt that you are likely to run out of ammo ( i suspect for most realistic scenerios, keeping in mind the actual legal usage we put ccw weapons to ) one load is enough even out of a 5 shot snub . The reason I carry a reload is in case my auto malf's to the point i have to rip, rack, bang . It seems to me awfull nice to have another mag to stick back in the little sucker LOL
    Redneck - I've heard that reasoning before quite a bit. However, in the thousands of rounds that I have put down the range I have never had a magazine malfunction to the point where I would have needed to revert to a new mag. Maybe I'm just lucky? Strangely enough - I've seen revolvers lock up more often than I've seen magazines break.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Joe its not the mag malfunction i am worryed about , but i am not going to attempt to retain a mag if i have to remove it to clear a misfeed , its faster to jeteson the mag and stroke a new on than it is to fumble arround with the partly loaded mag. that is my point , not that the mag may be damaged , tho i have seen damaged mags on the range several times , especialy 3rd party aftermarkets
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links