How many reloads?

How many reloads?

This is a discussion on How many reloads? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How many reloads do you guys carry CCW? How about HD weapons? I carry 4 rds in my HD Remington 870's tube, 5 on butt ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many reloads?

How many reloads?

How many reloads do you guys carry CCW? How about HD weapons? I carry 4 rds in my HD Remington 870's tube, 5 on butt cuff, 12 in a military surplus shotgun ammo holder, and 13 rds left in the box in my room. No CCW here in WI.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

my HD has a 8 shot mag and a box ole slugs and bbuckshot by it

as for carry guns lately i havent been carrying relaods to much other stuff to carry and handle with all the drs and hosipital visits been carrying 38 a lot lately need to9 carry reloads but no ammo here where im staying for glock 16 10mm should be fine ...

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    ccw 1 to 2 reloads per firearm , hd 1 20 rd mag for fal seems enough
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

CCW: 1 spare 15 rnd. mag for the glock
    HD: 870 loaded with 00, 4 in the magazine, 5 in a butt-cuff
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

VIP Member
    2 speed loaders for the Sp101 (CCW).
    2 spare mags with the P89 for HD. Been thinking about a shotgun for HD after reading some of the other posts, but have a couple of kids, so the handgun safe in the bedroom is what I've got for now.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

copperKnight , allow me to suggest a small padlock just behind the shotty trigger instead of a safe investment you dont want to afford with a couple of kids that way it is physicaly blocked from fireing by anyone who doesnt have the lock key
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

VIP Member
    In my CCWs....at least one reload if the magazine is a double stack; two reloads if it's a single stack magazine.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    copperKnight , allow me to suggest a small padlock just behind the shotty trigger instead of a safe investment you dont want to afford with a couple of kids that way it is physicaly blocked from fireing by anyone who doesnt have the lock key
    I'll have to check that out. Currently I have a Mossberg 835 and I'm not sure a padlock would go, but I'll check. If not, I'd be happy to have an excuse to get an 870 or 500 for HD.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Assistant Administrator
    870 at home stoked with 7 - courtesy of extension.

Daily carry 226 often just 15+1 but spare mag goes in pocket any time I feel it is useful!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    13 + 1 in Glock 21, plus usually another 13 rounder, so that is a grand total of 27 rounds of .45 ACP for carry. When I carry the Mod. 65 .357 I carry one speedloader for a total of 12 rounds.

For HD,Rem 870 with 4+1 OO buck and 5 on the butt. If I run out, I'll transition to the sidearm. Gotta get me an extension tube and a sidesaddle though.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Usually carry one reload - revolver or pistol. For HD weapon(s), there's more than one within reach of most rooms - so haven't thought much on reloads there.

PJH
    I know I should carry a reload, but with 16 rounds in a G19 and not a lot of room left inside my waistband for my fat a**, let alone a spare magazine, I usually don't bother. If I'm pocket carrying the J-frame in cargo shorts, I'll carry 1 speedloader in the front offside flap pocket.

-Paul

Just want to bring up that the reason to carry a reload for your ccw auto isnt that you are likely to run out of ammo ( i suspect for most realistic scenerios, keeping in mind the actual legal usage we put ccw weapons to ) one load is enough even out of a 5 shot snub . The reason I carry a reload is in case my auto malf's to the point i have to rip, rack, bang . It seems to me awfull nice to have another mag to stick back in the little sucker LOL

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    Two reloads for the Taurus... total of 45 rounds for that pistol. No, it's not the round count but the possibility of having to clear a malf and bending the feed lips.

I also carry the .380 as a BUG quite a bit, but I don't want to go to it unless absolutely necessary.

Josh <><

Lead Moderator
    depending on my day, and where I am going. I always carry a reload for the 1911. For travel or more risky areas I carry a spare mag for the HK USP.
    HD, the AR has 2 20 rnds mags next to it , as well as a vest full & another box of 30 rnd mags.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links