My Carry Preferences

This is a discussion on My Carry Preferences within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a number of handguns that I have carried openly and concealed. I lean more toward full sized, rather than the compact, semi automatics. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Carry Preferences

DC Founder

My Carry Preferences

I have a number of handguns that I have carried openly and concealed. I lean more toward full sized, rather than the compact, semi automatics. I love my Sig P226 .40, but for concealed carry, it is just a bit big (hard to conceal). Right now I have been carrying a customized Springfield Champion 1911. The Champion model has a 4\" barrel which is not bad, but I am considering a smaller, more compact .40 or .45 for everyday wear. I expect that I will opt for another 1911 because of it\'s \"flatness\" and ease of disappearing under a tucked in shirt.

2. Remove Ads

CHPBill

LE Carry

I am so glad I don\'t have to worry too much about what or how I carry. Being a police officer makes it so easy. If people see the weapon, they see the badge. When I am off duty, I wear my shield just ahead of my holster.

Bumper, If you like the P226....

But you find it some what to large for CCW, then I bet you would love the P229, Its smaller, shorter and if I remember right a small amount lighter than the P226. The P229 in .40 was my first handgun, and still my over all favorite.

If the P229 is still too large for your likes, try a P239 next. I have one in 9MM and really love that gun for CCW in the hotter seasons or when the situation calls for deep cover of the CCW. The P239 rides in a defender belly band most of the year, and is totally invisible with just normal clothes on. The P229 rides well in my Uncle Mikes Sidekick IWB, (that I modified for better gun holding, ride height and cant) but needs more cover clothes than spring/summer temperature will allow most of the time.

Incase you canít tell I Love My SIGís

DC Founder
    Yeah I can tell you love Sigs. I do, too. My wife used to laugh at me holding my 226 just admiring the fit and finish. I like both the 229 and 239 and one of them definitely will find it\'s way into my life one of these days. I lean towards the .40. I will probably opt for the 239.

CHPBill
    Uh oh, Bumper\'s going to start stroking his Sig again :P

I thought he had given them up for Kimbers.

Senior Moderator
    Ive got a few Sigs...

220,225,239and a 226.

I like them all and they are all very accurate.

The 220 is my duty gun.

I used to conceal the P239 in .40 until I got the 225.

Haveing large hands, the 225 just feels better to me than the 239 which has a somewhat shorter grip. They beauty of it is that the 225 fits the same holster as the 239.

The 239 is a .40. The 225 is a 9mm.

Ive also got a Colt Combat Commander XSE .45 that I tote...but it seems lot heavier than the 225.

P239

I carry a P239 in .347.

Senior Moderator
    This is a trick question right? I mean everybody carries a Sig 226 don\'t they?:D

I recently bought a Beretta 92G Vertec from Ernst Langdon with his fine trigger work, and I really like the gun. But I like my Sig 226R and 226 ST even better.

I usually carry my Sig 226 ST in a Fist, Inc. #2 easy on easy off leather holster.

DC Founder
    If I carried everything I liked I would have so many hanging off of me they would probably make me get another CCW permit. :)

Seriously though I normally carry one of my Kimber 1911\'s IWB. On those rare occasions that I can actually carry in a belt holster I usually carry the 226.

I\'m partial to a 642 in my pocket.

Lead Moderator
    The SIG 239 is great, but lately I find myself lusting after a SIG 229 in 357!

Rick

I carry my Sig P239 in a Galco Skyops holster. Fits like a dream, lets me tuck in my shirt if need too, which i do often, and the little \"Y\" clips don\'t give it away like the Jhooks do.

Furthermore, the holster supports itslef on the belt rather then on the pants like J hook holsters do.

If anyone is looking for a tuckable alternative to the J-Hooks, i highly reccomned this holster. Its very thin too.

Colt Combat Commander mostly. Lately my East German Makarov with night sights. Keltec p32 always.

The Mak is in a Hume JIT slide. Great holster!

carry gun

i carry a sig 2340 in 40 cal in winter and a bersa 380 in summer. next gun will be a sig 239. yes another sig luver

Originally posted by CHPBill
    I am so glad I don\'t have to worry too much about what or how I carry. Being a police officer makes it so easy. If people see the weapon, they see the badge. When I am off duty, I wear my shield just ahead of my holster.
    My thoughts exactly. :kay:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links